Xpel Training Courses

Has anyone attended the Xpel courses? i am thinking about taking the one on PPF and maybe even tint(They don't say much about their tint courses though), i really wanted to make it down to stans class last fall but the overall cost of travel for me plus the course was just far to much for me, i am only looking to be a bit of a hobby tinter/ppf out of my garage for friends and a few local guys in the car scene here

the reason i like the xpel course is because i can do it in Calgary, AB which is just an 8 hour drive or quick 1 hour flight, and i have friends i can stay with in Calgary while i take the course(s)

so i am just curious if its worth while? has anyone done it? or should i not bother?

Thanks.

Dustin

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume you are talking about with Shadow Shield in Calgary.

Speaking for the clear bra side, Nuno and crew are top notch installers and in my experience you need a great installer to teach. There are so many little tricks of the trade that just can't be taught in the basics of water/soap/alcohol, stretch, and squeegee and viola you are done..easy peasy. If I didn't train my own installers I wouldn't hesitate to have Nuno train any of them.

I know they do a ton of tint too but I am not as familiar with their training and other than being amazed they pull door glass to tint it, I don't know much; but if it is anything like their clear bra side then you should be fine.

Good luck-

Yes these are the Shadow Shield guys, these are the words i like to hear, i just didn't want to go spending a bunch of money and end up with a sh***y course in the end.

this is about 1/3rd of what it would cost to head down to Stans course, and PPF and wrapping is more of what i would like ot get into anyways.

i will have to give them a call tomorrow and see if they can setup some sort of hybrid class, 5 days split between ppf/tint.

Thanks

Dustin.

Yes these are the Shadow Shield guys, these are the words i like to hear, i just didn't want to go spending a bunch of money and end up with a sh***y course in the end.

this is about 1/3rd of what it would cost to head down to Stans course, and PPF and wrapping is more of what i would like ot get into anyways.

i will have to give them a call tomorrow and see if they can setup some sort of hybrid class, 5 days split between ppf/tint.

Thanks

Dustin.

Im just curious is this 5 days to learn ppf AND window tinting?

they have 2 options

3 days to learn PPF for $695

or

3 days to learn PPF and 2 days actual hands on installing of PPF for $995

i am hoping i can maybe do it

3 days of tint(or PPF) and 2 days of PPF(or tint) and then just head home to do some practice on my own group of vehicles.

if they cant do something like this or don't see it as the best option i will go with what they recommend.

i am just trying to make my trip/class the most worthwhile.

http://www.xpel.ca/dealer/training.asp

Thanks.

Dustin

If it makes you feel any better, we don't allow just anbyone to set up an XPEL training center. Nuno has taken first place in our installation competition more than once. He's one of the best (just not as good as me). :money

good to know Jeff, i think i am going to go ahead with it, the secretary said they will give me a call back tomorrow and hopefully i can make something happen!

on a side note, can someone have exclusivity on Xpel products within a certain city?

Thanks.

Dustin

If it makes you feel any better, we don't allow just anbyone to set up an XPEL training center. Nuno has taken first place in our installation competition more than once. He's one of the best (just not as good as me). :dunno

Where all are they held, anywhere near NM?

Archived