Computercut and Precision cut users

classictint

Wanted to hear from some users of both of theses cutting systems . Im currently using a trial of CC and am having a difficult time adapting going from hand cutting (over 23 years) to the plotter ive been doing lots of trial and error and i know that in time it will get easier but thought id ask for some opinions and/or tips.

Thanks

Lance

I cut 40" rolls, I cut in short bits, 2 fronts, remove the pattern from the machine, print the 2 rears, weed the fronts while the rear is cutting. remove the rears, print BG and vents, weed the rears while the BG is cutting. Weed BG and vents and car is ready to go. You will want the machine to be cutting through the film, but not through the liner. From there this is how I weed.

th_VID_20110204_083730.jpg

Thats what im doing as well . . I usally cut a 4 door car in 2 runs bg cut seperately .. my machine cuts Suntek fine but is spotty cutting Ewf Tb and Ceramic . . It must not like Korean film.

I've had Johnson, Suntek, Madico, Llumar, Wincos all on the machine and they cut fine, not sure about EWF though, True Brown turned me off fast.

i also use a 40" roll. i cut all the side windows at once. while it's cutting i'm removing panels or gaskets or whatever. i've got a peeler on my wall long enough to where once it's all cut i put it all up on the peeler and weed it all there. then separate the pieces and place then on peelers around the car, then ready to go. :beer

I ve been using computer cut for years. Most patterns are perfect and not a issue. Yesterday I received a email from the rep stating that if I dont buy $500.00 a quarter of product they are going to double the monthly access fee ($340 a month), yeah thats not going to work for me!! Called Tint Tek 20/20 and they offer several different levels of service. I went with the online version, they sent me a new cutting blade for the plotter and the monthly access is under $100.00 a month, just had a one time small setup fee (under $100.00). I hevent set it up yet so I cant post pros and cons on tint tek yet but I will!

Guest Bad Boy Tinting

Trust me I have used both, but hand down the ComputerCut is a lot easier to use. It is a very well put together program. A little pricey, I may add, but over all it is a much better system then that of the PrecisionCut.

Guest Bad Boy Tinting

That sounds like a good deal. I had the rep to call me also. I told her I dont like how they are trying to force us to buy that garbage film. I told her it is bad enough to have to pay $180 a month. :lol2

I don't know how hard precision cut can be to use. Select car, drag pattern, hit cut. LOL I mean does it get easier?

i have used both . The C/C is easier to use and more options . Afew things C/c do better. You can resize strips and see how wide it is in C/C. C/C puts a little bump on back doors on the bottom when its hard the which side is the top . The only reason i stopped using it the older patterns ie 2000 and older where kind of bad. I have heard they have redone alot of them . But i like the quality of patterns with PC just hoping they will upgrade there softwareoptions soon .

Archived