92 Honda Accord 4 door

Guest CarLuvr

forget the rear glass :passout the rollups are what you want to watch out for. at the top of the seals in the corners they are tighter than a whales ass, when you roll the window up it will peel the tint right off. I heat the corners up and put a small dab of baby shampoo on my ringer and wipe it on the top of the rubber in the top corner and front corner, that way its lubed alittle and is alittle more workable. you will see what I mean :passout

This is not the easiest car to do with "0" yrs experience...your a brave sole for making this one of your first cars to tint (if it's the sharp wrap ends I'm thinking of) It's not too bad if your good with shrinking..be prepared for some cursing if you don't know about heatshrinking ...all I can suggest is read, read,read posts and tips already on here..good luck :passout

The door glass' on those also tend to rock back and forth about an inch. Cut the film accordingly or you'll end up with 1/2 inch gaps on the back of the front doors. Those back glass on those are a b***h for newbs! Good luck!

with little or no experience..DEFINATELY 2 peice if not more..and also Blades right about the "play" on the rolldowns. make sure you have them in thier "rolled up " position B4 making the side cuts..give yourself a little extra. I would wet shrink it if your doing 2 or more peices. Dry is mainly for 1 peice IMO .

Guest thetintshop
put a small dab of baby shampoo on my ringer and wipe it on the top of the rubber in the top corner and front corner, that way its lubed alittle and is alittle more workable

:passout how do you get your ringer that high up in the air? you stand on a stool? is this how you came up with the "wet feces" shrink? :passout

Guest Litespeeds

Might need to remove the rear deck tray to make it easier to tint but you need to watch out for the plastic clips that hold the deck in place. Because it is so old, they are going to be very brittle and will probably break.

As for the roll up windows, I would suggest you to spray some dry silicon lubricant around the rubber trims, especially on the top corners.

Definately not an easy car to tint, especially for a beginner. Good luck on it.

Archived