wheres all the tinters?

I have noticed how many people have been in the classified section looking for a tinter. In my area I think several tinters have moved on to other jobs because of the economy. I need a installer also and even being a trainer hate to train in my area cause I already have trained sooooo many of my competitors. Here is a LINK if anyone wants this one to stick it to ya. No drugs is the best part of his posting :spit Sounds easy to get along with :lol2

I'm kinda torn about this guy. A classic thread of course, but seems he's seen the worst (as most of us old farts have) and still has a

raw nerve exposed. Given the right environment, he may really benefit himself and others around him.

Oh yeah, and he could be a skinhead, 60 tattoos including face and neck, "six months clean" and pissed off at the world,

but who knows until you meet him.

I would give him a chance if I was in a position to do so. :coffee

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If your wife runs your shop........dont call me

LOL that right there would be it for me. My wife managed a shop for the largest sales month in the like 17 years history of the shops. She sold $94k worth of tint and glass in 1 month, f**k a guy who has no respect for the wives.

LOL that right there would be it for me. My wife managed a shop for the largest sales month in the like 17 years history of the shops. She sold $94k worth of tint and glass in 1 month, f**k a guy who has no respect for the wives.

I hear ya bro, I've seen good and BAAAAD with wives running the biz end.

Currently working for one that is on the good end (really good).

My wife can take that pressure off me any time.

Plus shortens her shopping day! :coffee

Guest dentout.com

Well maby your wife is the exception to the rule. I dont know? But the reason i wont work for a wife that runs a shop is right in your post. " f**k a guy who has no respect for the wives." . To quick to jump on the wifes side of things......... as you should. Its your wife. My wife worked at my shop for 5 yrs till we had a kid. If i move to work for a shop, i want to be the owners right hand man to help grow the biz. Having the wife in the midle might slow progress down. It did at my shop and thats the truth. Im not a skin head nor do i have tatoos on my neck. I am 34 yrs old and want to help build a great tint/pdr company before i get to old to do so. I am just looking for the right group of guys to do it with that have the same goal as i do $$$$$$$$$$$$$ :money

They say money can't buy happiness. It's me, the wife and a co-worker and we get it done with little stress, all of us have been in the business for better than 10 years. To be honest though, all that big talk is part of the reason I wouldn't hire a "tinter". I would much rather do my thing for 10 years and train my sons than deal with some tinter who whines about cleaning up after himself, whines about working 5 minutes past 5, whines about doing more than 3 cars a day, whines about cars being too much work, whines about prices, whines about not having a set lunch hour, whines about not having a smoke break every 20 minutes, whines about compensation, whines about it being too hot, whines about being too cold, whines about whining. We aren't rockstars, we put plastic to glass, some of us just happen to make good money doing so.

Oh, and like TINT said, when it's all said and done, they've been stealing from you. That has been every tinter I have ever worked with and why I preferred to learn it myself over dealing with them.

Guest dentout.com
I have noticed how many people have been in the classified section looking for a tinter. In my area I think several tinters have moved on to other jobs because of the economy. I need a installer also and even being a trainer hate to train in my area cause I already have trained sooooo many of my competitors. Here is a LINK if anyone wants this one to stick it to ya. No drugs is the best part of his posting :spit Sounds easy to get along with :nope

I AM easy to get along with stan. I just dont have the time for bs. :money

Guest dentout.com
They say money can't buy happiness. It's me, the wife and a co-worker and we get it done with little stress, all of us have been in the business for better than 10 years. To be honest though, all that big talk is part of the reason I wouldn't hire a "tinter". I would much rather do my thing for 10 years and train my sons than deal with some tinter who whines about cleaning up after himself, whines about working 5 minutes past 5, whines about doing more than 3 cars a day, whines about cars being too much work, whines about prices, whines about not having a set lunch hour, whines about not having a smoke break every 20 minutes, whines about compensation, whines about it being too hot, whines about being too cold, whines about whining. We aren't rockstars, we put plastic to glass, some of us just happen to make good money doing so.

I hear ya. But the reason i posted it like that in my ad is to weed out all the bs shops looking for a 24/7 tinter and wants to pay 500 a week, Like madico. Thats why old scool tinters like me are moving on to do other things.If im not making a grand a week im gone. with pdr and tint together thats easy to do in the right shop.

I suppose you want a corner office, a secretary, several weeks of vacation a year, along with sick days, AND the right to decide what cars you will and will not do ?

Good luck finding someone to hire you on your terms !

Archived