wheres all the tinters?

WOW, all I see on here and everywhere else is companies looking for pro installers. well...where the heck are they all at?? I can't believe in this economy that there are no tinters out there looking for employment. I have had absolutely no luck finding a lead installer for our shop, im guessing its time to train. :grouphug

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WOW, all I see on here and everywhere else is companies looking for pro installers. well...where the heck are they all at?? I can't believe in this economy that there are no tinters out there looking for employment. I have had absolutely no luck finding a lead installer for our shop, im guessing its time to train. :beer

I agree> i get calls almost every week asking if I know of a good installer looking for work. The economy is springing back and everybody is busy. Problem is lack of installers, not work, right now. :grouphug

Unemployment pays better, blame Obama.

I dot know. I have some shops I know of in So-Cal that would be willing to pay a decent installer pretty well, and they still cant find anyone. :dunno

I have noticed how many people have been in the classified section looking for a tinter. In my area I think several tinters have moved on to other jobs because of the economy. I need a installer also and even being a trainer hate to train in my area cause I already have trained sooooo many of my competitors. Here is a LINK if anyone wants this one to stick it to ya. No drugs is the best part of his posting :spit Sounds easy to get along with :dunno

I've had 3-4 come by looking for jobs, but from the looks of them, I wouldn't hire any of them. I should post one of the resume's. In one of his job descriptions it mentions "care and feeding" when turning the car over to the customer. I laughed a bit at that one.

Don't you guys find it the same as we do?? Spring and summer everybody is looking for tinters, but nobody wants to work for anyone because they think they can make more :dunno on their own. Come autumn/fall and winter and they're all knocking on your door looking for work.

Guest Malcolm E Boo
Don't you guys find it the same as we do?? Spring and summer everybody is looking for tinters, but nobody wants to work for anyone because they think they can make more :money on their own. Come autumn/fall and winter and they're all knocking on your door looking for work.

About right

ok heres the scoop,

you train not everyone is cut out for it, but they manage to steal from you.

you get a guy that already tints he wants to make more than you do and amazingly steals from you, and your customers along the way.

nobody honest out there anymore..

Archived