NC charges/fines

jh812

Just curious I try and talk my customers into going with legal tint as much as I can, so I like to have my facts straight on the fines and what they will be looking forward to when they decide to go illegal. I am just hearing from diiferent people that it is now a misdemeanor, you can get two points on your license, and it goes on your criminal record. Also I have heard that installing illegal film is anywhere from a $200 to $5000 fine. Is there anywhere that I can find this info in writing instead of going off hear say? By the way I am looking at NC laws I know they vary from state to state.

Guest tintpro2007
Just curious I try and talk my customers into going with legal tint as much as I can, so I like to have my facts straight on the fines and what they will be looking forward to when they decide to go illegal. I am just hearing from diiferent people that it is now a misdemeanor, you can get two points on your license, and it goes on your criminal record. Also I have heard that installing illegal film is anywhere from a $200 to $5000 fine. Is there anywhere that I can find this info in writing instead of going off hear say? By the way I am looking at NC laws I know they vary from state to state.

I worked in NC for 3 yrs. up until last year, and we had a very close relationship with the DMV, Fines are around $70, but 99% of the time, just a fix-it ticket. As far as fines go for the installer, there are none. No points on license, or criminal background either, this was as of last year. I also still talk to my old shop, and they haven't said anything about installer fines or what-not. As far as inspection stickers on windshields go filmslayer, NC no longer requires them as of like 2 yrs. ago. :spit

I think what filmslayer meant was that you can not get your car inspected with illegal film. It is all computerized now , and they meter every window . They charge $10 more as well if you have window film .

Archived