nano sample?

where can i get my hands on a sample? i just did training and laid both 3M and xpel, i used the 3M most, seems to lay pretty good, everyone on here is raving about nano so i want to give it a try, my instructor at the training course had never even heard of it!?

also who manufacturers it? Avery? by the looks of things online.

if anyone could help me that would be great!

Thanks.

Guest Pro-tectFilmMelissa
where can i get my hands on a sample? i just did training and laid both 3M and xpel, i used the 3M most, seems to lay pretty good, everyone on here is raving about nano so i want to give it a try, my instructor at the training course had never even heard of it!?

also who manufacturers it? Avery? by the looks of things online.

if anyone could help me that would be great!

Thanks.

Please contact me as soon as you get a minute, I would be happy to get a sample out to you!

Yes it is made by Avery Dennison!

I'm a little surprised that 3M doesn't sell the Canadian film down here in the US. It sure seems like everyone likes that stuff better than Scotchguard.

well jeff the xpel film i laid seemed old(maybe a defective piece, as were allot we trained on) the only thing is the glue did not seem as forgiving as the 3M, and since i was still learning it was nice to have a forgiving glue, now that i have more experience(last day of training tomorrow) i would like to try some again on my personal car(09 Mustang GT), especially some of the extreme or higher end stuff? since i hear good things about it as well.

Thanks

Dustin

I'm a little surprised that 3M doesn't sell the Canadian film down here in the US. It sure seems like everyone likes that stuff better than Scotchguard.

well jeff the xpel film i laid seemed old(maybe a defective piece, as were allot we trained on) the only thing is the glue did not seem as forgiving as the 3M, and since i was still learning it was nice to have a forgiving glue, now that i have more experience(last day of training tomorrow) i would like to try some again on my personal car(09 Mustang GT), especially some of the extreme or higher end stuff? since i hear good things about it as well.

Thanks

Dustin

I can't speak for the guys in Canada, but I know we use a lot of defective film in our own training class, at least in the first couple of days when you are primarily focused on alignment and squeegee technique. If you were using XPEL film with a frosty matte finish poly liner, you were using our current film. If you were using anything with a paper or ultra clear thin poly liner, it was probably an old product.

The guys in Canada should have some of our newest films soon. Holler at them in a few weeks, and I'm sure they could get you a sample and pricing.

I placed an order from Melissa for Nano and recieved it early this week and did a Titan with it, and just did my truck. It puts Venture to shame. I cannot say enough good things about the Nano film. Thanks Melissa, and everyone else here who gave it such good reviews. I am hooked.

I placed an order from Melissa for Nano and recieved it early this week and did a Titan with it, and just did my truck. It puts Venture to shame. I cannot say enough good things about the Nano film. Thanks Melissa, and everyone else here who gave it such good reviews. I am hooked.

i really wish she had some 24" in stock, it is posts like this that make me want to try this film for sure! i guess i may have to do another roll of 3M and then give it a try on my next roll.

anyone have any side by side pics? i also laid some venture today and HATED it(it was a premium coated film) in comparison to the 3M i had been laying.

my first goal is to get my hands on a graphtec, turns out my current plotter wont work with the DAP software, so if anyone has one for sale, please let me know!

Andy-As for the course, went really well, look for an update in a week or so when i actually get a chance to do a post up on it.

Thanks.

Dustin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nano has the same gloss as 3M but is much flatter. Installation wise you can't compare, Nano is cake. If there's a downfall to Nano it's that it doesn't like to stick in cold weather. I really struggled with getting it to stick on a car today and it was in the 60's. I'm redoing a Porsche Monday I did with 3M 6 years ago. I just got back from the guys house doing his new car and he already took everything off but the mirrors so if you want, I'll take a pic of 3M vs. Nano on them. You might also use a different film than us. I believe 3M still uses a different film than the US, which is too bad because I've heard good things about it. There was a rumor of 3M coming out with an easier to install film a few years ago but it was about the time they bought Venture and I don't think anything became of it.

I hope 24 is in stock soon. I booked in 3 cars for next week today which should kill my current roll. Also have a roll of Xpel's new film on order so it should be interesting to install them back to back.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nano has the same gloss as 3M but is much flatter. Installation wise you can't compare, Nano is cake. If there's a downfall to Nano it's that it doesn't like to stick in cold weather. I really struggled with getting it to stick on a car today and it was in the 60's. I'm redoing a Porsche Monday I did with 3M 6 years ago. I just got back from the guys house doing his new car and he already took everything off but the mirrors so if you want, I'll take a pic of 3M vs. Nano on them. You might also use a different film than us. I believe 3M still uses a different film than the US, which is too bad because I've heard good things about it. There was a rumor of 3M coming out with an easier to install film a few years ago but it was about the time they bought Venture and I don't think anything became of it.

I hope 24 is in stock soon. I booked in 3 cars for next week today which should kill my current roll. Also have a roll of Xpel's new film on order so it should be interesting to install them back to back.

please do! i curious to see the differences,

also let me know how that xpel is, the only stuff i laid was paperback defective film, so i am really curious to see what their new line is like,i may line all 3 on my hood and seam them just to get some practice.

also another plug,anyone got a graphtec for sale? even a 24" i would be interested in right now, but i would prefer larger if anyone wants to sell CE or FC series...

Thanks.

Dustin

Archived