nano sample?

Is there any where in the UK i can get this from....

do you know who handles the Avery products within UK? i assume whoever stocks Avery will be able to get it, or atleast put you in touch with someone that can.

I have My samples on the way from Melissa, im sure she would send you some too if you are willing to pay the shipping to the UK.

Hope this Helps

please do! i curious to see the differences,

also let me know how that xpel is, the only stuff i laid was paperback defective film, so i am really curious to see what their new line is like,i may line all 3 on my hood and seam them just to get some practice.

also another plug,anyone got a graphtec for sale? even a 24" i would be interested in right now, but i would prefer larger if anyone wants to sell CE or FC series...

Thanks.

Dustin

Dustin,

E-Mail your contact info to jphillips@xpel.com and I will make sure you get a sample of the new films. As far as the plotter is concerned, I would steer clear of a 24 incher and shoot for a 30 incher at minimum. A lot of the bumper patterns these days are on 30" film. Just my two cents.

please do! i curious to see the differences,

also let me know how that xpel is, the only stuff i laid was paperback defective film, so i am really curious to see what their new line is like,i may line all 3 on my hood and seam them just to get some practice.

also another plug,anyone got a graphtec for sale? even a 24" i would be interested in right now, but i would prefer larger if anyone wants to sell CE or FC series...

Thanks.

Dustin

Dustin,

E-Mail your contact info to jphillips@xpel.com and I will make sure you get a sample of the new films. As far as the plotter is concerned, I would steer clear of a 24 incher and shoot for a 30 incher at minimum. A lot of the bumper patterns these days are on 30" film. Just my two cents.

email sent, thanks jeff!

I'd get what ever plotter is up from 30in.....some of the "small" cars use 36. I want to say the Yaris and Fiat use 36.

Here's the mirror comparison.

3M

3mmirror.jpg

Nano

nanomirror.jpg

The 3M film is almost 5 years old but the car only had 10k on it. If anything, it shows the difference in paper vs plastic backing. I did another car in Xpel Standard today and looked just like the 3M. With the new Xpel film, the texture and look is equal to Nano so it's going to boil down to what ever installs easiest for me, most likely I'll find a use for both. I even plan on buying some 3M shortly.

Also, if you haven't, get some Xpel gel. I've used it about 2 months now and it makes everything so much easier.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nano has the same gloss as 3M but is much flatter. Installation wise you can't compare, Nano is cake. If there's a downfall to Nano it's that it doesn't like to stick in cold weather. I really struggled with getting it to stick on a car today and it was in the 60's. I'm redoing a Porsche Monday I did with 3M 6 years ago. I just got back from the guys house doing his new car and he already took everything off but the mirrors so if you want, I'll take a pic of 3M vs. Nano on them. You might also use a different film than us. I believe 3M still uses a different film than the US, which is too bad because I've heard good things about it. There was a rumor of 3M coming out with an easier to install film a few years ago but it was about the time they bought Venture and I don't think anything became of it.

I hope 24 is in stock soon. I booked in 3 cars for next week today which should kill my current roll. Also have a roll of Xpel's new film on order so it should be interesting to install them back to back.

Its done. Venture now has the 3M adhesive (at least here in the states) and I have used it. They changed it in November (I think) of 2010. I have had nothing but problems with it. The adhesive gums up really bad. The Venture matrerial looks better than the 3M film, but now that 3M has destroyed a good product, I see many running from it...which is the case for me. 3M film has very little "give", Venture and Nano have a ton of "give", but Nano wont leave adhesive marks like the Venture will.

Archived