Another Roll Up Technique Question

Yeah I have to agree, the newer the car and the more expensive the car, the easier job it has been to tint. But get some of those cars of the 90's such as grand ams, cavaliers and the like. We are in mid-Wisconsin so we got a lot of rednecks so a good deal of my work consists of trucks, grand prix's and VW's....I've done one audi, and Audi A8, the one you gotta remove the whole back seat on and I'd rather do 3 of those per day than 1-VW.

Try this. put two pcs on to double cut your patterns. straight edge the bottom of the window, dry both edges of your film and with a sharpie run it down both sides, roll window down and cut the top edge, and than put your patterns on a peel board and with a straight edge add a quarter of an inch to both the front and back. perfect everytime and no cutting on the car.

Hows that work on roll ups that pull away from the window frame on the backside? For example on GM SUV's and Trucks? I might try it when I build a peel board.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the white frost film idea.

I got my peel board from a glass guy I do work for. It was one he had replaced due to the frame being slightly warpped. He gave it to me for free I just had to pick it up. Truely the worlds cheapest peel board. :thumb

I also use the handle to hang my tank and tool pouch on. If I think of it I will post some pic's of it on here.

Guest tdmillet
Yeah I have to agree, the newer the car and the more expensive the car, the easier job it has been to tint. But get some of those cars of the 90's such as grand ams, cavaliers and the like. We are in mid-Wisconsin so we got a lot of rednecks so a good deal of my work consists of trucks, grand prix's and VW's....I've done one audi, and Audi A8, the one you gotta remove the whole back seat on and I'd rather do 3 of those per day than 1-VW.

Try this. put two pcs on to double cut your patterns. straight edge the bottom of the window, dry both edges of your film and with a sharpie run it down both sides, roll window down and cut the top edge, and than put your patterns on a peel board and with a straight edge add a quarter of an inch to both the front and back. perfect everytime and no cutting on the car.

Hows that work on roll ups that pull away from the window frame on the backside? For example on GM SUV's and Trucks? I might try it when I build a peel board.

when you roll down the window to cut the top edge. put it down a little more and cut as much of the side as you can. and when you put it on the peel board. you can connect the sharpie line to the side edge you cut. its real easy.

Guest tdmillet
1st I gotta make a peel board, I am working on it this week actually.

go on craigs list and look in bldg materials. you can get lg windows for free all the time.

how would getting a red devil stop you from tucking... i got one and i barely tuck anymore just snap panels back or pull rubbers out b ut when i was tucking i would use it for pulling back the seal so i can tuck the film. is there some sort of crazy trick oyu are doing with that thing or something...?

Never thought about using a sharpie. I make a mark with my nife about a 1/4 inch past where gasket meets the window. Sharpie sounds a little easier. What color do you use?

Guest tdmillet

Never thought about using a sharpie. I make a mark with my nife about a 1/4 inch past where gasket meets the window. Sharpie sounds a little easier. What color do you use?

black fine point

Archived