Another Roll Up Technique Question

Just heat up and bend a wide putty knife, and have a red devil kicking around.

Power tools help speed up door panel removal too (just be careful).

I tried making a bent putty knive broke 2 and gave up just how hot heat you have to get one. I always thought having one would be cool, but I normally park a conqueror card in the lower conrer of door's glasses if I don't remove the panel's.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I end up pulling more panels now than ever....not because I HAVE to but because it is so little time for an easy and cleaner install.

you got that right. I have been pulling 90% of door panel's since I started, and the newer cars are so much easier then mid 90's car's.

I use to hate older GM's back in the day. Now I can pull panel's on most 4dr cars in less then 10 min's taking my time not to break anything. :twocents

Yeah I have to agree, the newer the car and the more expensive the car, the easier job it has been to tint. But get some of those cars of the 90's such as grand ams, cavaliers and the like. We are in mid-Wisconsin so we got a lot of rednecks so a good deal of my work consists of trucks, grand prix's and VW's....I've done one audi, and Audi A8, the one you gotta remove the whole back seat on and I'd rather do 3 of those per day than 1-VW.

Just heat up and bend a wide putty knife, and have a red devil kicking around.

Power tools help speed up door panel removal too (just be careful).

I tried making a bent putty knive broke 2 and gave up just how hot heat you have to get one. I always thought having one would be cool, but I normally park a conqueror card in the lower conrer of door's glasses if I don't remove the panel's.

I've only done it with plastic ones :bingo

I want a metal one, I know a guy on here did that. Maybe just try a torch or something? :lol

Guest tdmillet
Yeah I have to agree, the newer the car and the more expensive the car, the easier job it has been to tint. But get some of those cars of the 90's such as grand ams, cavaliers and the like. We are in mid-Wisconsin so we got a lot of rednecks so a good deal of my work consists of trucks, grand prix's and VW's....I've done one audi, and Audi A8, the one you gotta remove the whole back seat on and I'd rather do 3 of those per day than 1-VW.

Try this. put two pcs on to double cut your patterns. straight edge the bottom of the window, dry both edges of your film and with a sharpie run it down both sides, roll window down and cut the top edge, and than put your patterns on a peel board and with a straight edge add a quarter of an inch to both the front and back. perfect everytime and no cutting on the car.

Archived