Tint Removal Tips

Well, got some R&R's scheduled this week due to the local State Patrol as we have a tint n@zi out there, that nabs people like a mofo that had their jobs done elsewhere, last year I did quite a few but mostly used windex powerize and some good ol' steel wool removing adhesive and would like to make it easier on myself this year. I am going to try bagging them, but curious as to how some of the chemical removers work that 44tools sells? May end up buying a steamer but looking for something to break down the adhesive in the meantime.

Lastly, how do you guys get the very bottom edge cleaned out on some of the BG where the glass meets the deck and you can't get your finger in there? Scrub pads on a bulldozer or do you have another method?

Guest loy

I was doing a removal job this weekend and the steamer (old scunii) quit on me 80 percent of the way,arrg... anyways I used a heat gun to heat the flim which really helped keep the glue from sticking to the glass.

Guest tkoski

Hey guys and gals, new to this site. I also use a steamer to remove film. I have found a product that helps loosen adhesive once the film is off. I have used it for about 6 years. It is called Fresh start 2000. It is ordered from FW Dunn Co. 1-877-281-0797. I ran out and had to do ammonia, didnt miss those days. I just ordered another 8 gals. They had a buy one get one free, this should last me a long time. No BS on this stuff it works great. It does not water your eyes or make it hard to breath like good ol' ammonia. I just spray it on window and use white scotchbrite pads or 0000 steel wool. Some adhesives actually just disolve and others get gooey. It is a high performance cleaner degreaser. I use dish washing gloves so it doesnt dry out hands like citrus cleaners.

Troy

Archived