Tint Removal Tips

...and gets the wrinkles out of your shirt nicely. :beer

:lol

I thought that is what wives are for. :malc

I did an R&R on a dodge truck this week that was so old, the dye had faded to nothing. All you could see was the metal layer, and the film looked like mirror tint.

My little steamer took it off in one piece leaving no glue what so ever. :lol

I love my steamer, got it for 20 bucks, but some tint is a crap shoot, I've had some tint just pull off with adheasive and some without. But you can use the steamer and a long blade handle and razor it off if it doesn't come off with the film. You don't need a long handle razor but helps from getting burned.

Yea, a steamer makes removal so much easier. If it appears it not gonna pull with all the adhesive, I don't take much time steaming and then use the steamer to get the glue off.

Finishline, you mentioned glue at bottom of bg. The bulldozer with a scrub pad will work, but if you don't have one, use some adhesive remover like dilluted simple pink. Oh yea, if you got film behind a 3rd brake light, heat the glass on the outside, so you don't leave any behind there.

when the steamer doesn't work i keep the clear liners from a large back window . I wet it with straight 409 for 15 min , reaply straight 409 for another 15 min , then get my water canister and soak it with straight soap and water 15 min and soak again straight water /soap for another 15 minutes . it usually work with those old tints where the 1st layer wont come of with steamer . I find the more water you can soak it with it seems to work better . I find the clear liners work better than garbage bags because they are thicker.

Archived