Aussie tinters don't converse.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hooligantintboy

im a flatglass tinter in florida....19yrs exp...owner/contracter....i dont do cars....as a rule i dont train anyone, they steal ur job or make u look bad...but when workin with other tinters ima team player.....ive been called a know-it-all by some..say what u want my advice helped!.....but tinting is a learning curve all the time....always makin adjustments....gotta dial in each job like its the first time,even the same style windows in the same cookie cutters houses.....and be a chamelion with customers.....i read peoples expressions from a mile away....i find their groove and make them feel better about giving me their money.....customers make me food...i have drinks with them on the patio when the job is done.....im that guy you wanna have a beer with ..........austrailia sounds fun...love to come on a work visa....a change of scenery would do me good....and i like good beer

cheers mates:)

ivan white tinting llc

twostrokearmy@yahoo.com

Guest Breezy
Just don't have a lot to say... Hows the weather??

Who thinks the blues are going to get owed by the reds in the the state o.

I go for the blues, I think there ready to make a stand.

So is window tinting a mundane job or a career for you?

Devil

So thats not a lot of options devil :beer . Its my career of choice mate, a lifestyle choice really. I've been in it for 9 years and working for myself for nearly 7.

Tinting allows me to be felxible, I like that, I work hard when its on earn my money and play hard when its not on. If i'm not tinting i'm fishing and traveling.

I realised when I was 16 working my 1st job that I would be in the work force for the next 50 odd years so I made it my mission to find a career that works for me.

Thats tinting, not only the lifestyle its the whole sha bang. I love installing, the attention detail and awareness appeal to me. If your not switched on and concentrating every time you fit film you'll get burnt, that keeps me in my moments.

I do mainly flat glass so I'm the fly on wall in all sorts of weird and wonderfull places.. As most in this industry well know, you can earn enough in a good week to take a month off. My clients are like a family now, lots of history, no bullsh#t, everything gets done right everyone gets paid and if there is a problem its sorted out. Its a great bussiness to be in.

What about you mate, whats your story?

How did you get started?

Cars or flat?

Do you run your own shop?

Travel and work?

Guest Breezy
im a flatglass tinter in florida....19yrs exp...owner/contracter....i dont do cars....as a rule i dont train anyone, they steal ur job or make u look bad...but when workin with other tinters ima team player.....ive been called a know-it-all by some..say what u want my advice helped!.....but tinting is a learning curve all the time....always makin adjustments....gotta dial in each job like its the first time,even the same style windows in the same cookie cutters houses.....and be a chamelion with customers.....i read peoples expressions from a mile away....i find their groove and make them feel better about giving me their money.....customers make me food...i have drinks with them on the patio when the job is done.....im that guy you wanna have a beer with ..........austrailia sounds fun...love to come on a work visa....a change of scenery would do me good....and i like good beer

cheers mates:)

ivan white tinting llc

twostrokearmy@yahoo.com

Right on man switch on all balls it up! Your a man after my own heart, I worked in canada for 6months a couple of years ago... Its great fun... Sort your visa then put a post up here... You'll get some work.... And when its winter there its summer here mate.

In the game from day one.

How did you get started?

Accident and fortutious I guess

Cars or flat?

Both with an emphasis on more flat these days.

Yes

Travel and work?

All the time...just got back from Baros in the Maldives, link.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TskURkVZeuk....insane money

and just bought a new Ferrari.

Would like to do more mentoring however to up and coming guys in the game.Dev

In the game from day one.

How did you get started?

Accident and fortutious I guess

Cars or flat?

Both with an emphasis on more flat these days.

Yes

Travel and work?

All the time...just got back from Baros in the Maldives, link.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TskURkVZeuk....insane money

and just bought a new Ferrari.

Would like to do more mentoring however to up and coming guys in the game.Dev

Just brought a ferrari huh... i'm definately not charging enough for my jobs.........lol what your shop name dev you seem to have your head on straight love to look you up

Good for you devil, hope its red man.

If I ever get down that way i'll look you.

When you say mentoring what do you mean?

Sure is red mate........

What I mean by mentoring is I'd love to fine tune you guys in running a super profitable tinting business in my semi retirement.

Most tinters flog their guts out day in day out and financially only tread water and just make wages. :trustme

What is needed (and you won't find this info from a wholesaler/importer in OZ) is ideas I've proved to be immensely successful.

One of the key points as Ballarat eluded to is not charging enough for your work.

Over the years I've probably seen about 40 companies go belly up or simply disappeared off the face of tint earth.

Dev

carpl.jpg

Archived