opinions on Suntek Carbon...

what do you suntek guys think of the suntek carbon? not the xtreme or xp, but the reg carbon series...any info good or bad greatly appreciated...looking to bring a higher end film that is comparible to a hybrid met. in stats and performance. Like the black look of it and the word carbon is sexy...!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what do you suntek guys think of the suntek carbon? not the xtreme or xp, but the reg carbon series...any info good or bad greatly appreciated...looking to bring a higher end film that is comparible to a hybrid met. in stats and performance. Like the black look of it and the word carbon is sexy...!!!!

Been using it for about 2 1/2 years and have not had any problems! There are some haters on here

but the film seems to hold up well, shrinks great and customers seem happy. The carbon XP has

also been a good up-sale as well. Go for it! One thing though, doesn't have as nice of a "black"

look as say the global qdp IMHO! :thumb

Only ever touched the stuff once very briefly, and just on some side windows. Tacked fine, shrunk fine, looked fine... but what can you tell from that. From everything I've read on here summarizes like this... Isn't the greatest for longevity in hot climates, but is, or is close to being, one of the best handling auto films.

So I've read.

Sun Tek was brilliant about what 7-8 years ago now. Use a Generation 3 dye that test well for color stabilty and offer it on a dual ply film with a catchy name. 3M had already introduced the CS series and were touting it's carbon fibre components, which they still do, but Sun Tek actually named their line "Carbon". It is 30 plus year old technology with an improved dye. Carbon became a hit, and I believe is partially responsible for the mammoth growth Sun Tek experienced pre 2008 in US auto. None of their other auto films would have generated such popularity. Remarkably successful, but all it truly is or ever has been is a thicker dyed film with the good traits of user friendliness/heat shrinking and the poor heat rejection that such films offer.

Carbon shrinks great, has great adhesive..I don't really care for the color though. in certain conditions it looks black, in other conditions it looks really green. It has an ugly haze in direct sunlight from the inside. Scratch coat is sub par, and doesn't do very well at blocking heat imo either. I believe the quoted tser is way off...now cxp i do like for the heat blocking qualities but still has the haze and scratch issues..I generally use suntek hp, has decent exterior color and crystal clear from the inside, blocks alot of heat, shrinks great, and have only had 1 window come back for failure in the past 7 years :wall

If you offer Global QDP, I would consider the XP then. I think the TSER is so close between qdp and carbon, that i don't see the point in a custy paying alot more for about 5% more tser and GREEN film that scratches when you touch it.

Archived