NY %vlt

Guest Cstoliker

Guest Cstoliker

As far as I can tell NY allows 70% vlt on side windows front and rear. I've been to manny different stores but can't find anything even close to 70%. Advanced auto even sells a "legal tint package" but it contains 20% rear and 35% front! The majority of stores carry 40% at the lightest.

Am I missing something?

Window tint is rated by visual light transfer so, an untainted window would be 100% (or close to it) and 0% would be black paint right?

Guest Crackz
As far as I can tell NY allows 70% vlt on side windows front and rear. I've been to manny different stores but can't find anything even close to 70%. Advanced auto even sells a "legal tint package" but it contains 20% rear and 35% front! The majority of stores carry 40% at the lightest.

Am I missing something?

Window tint is rated by visual light transfer so, an untainted window would be 100% (or close to it) and 0% would be black paint right?

we stock 70% film but it will meter darker due to the factory windows being slightly tinted http://tint01.com/

Am I missing something?

i have 80% film if you want..car wont look tinted,but if you want to follow rules, i have it

Archived