what's your time

I will say that being fast is a great thing. However being fast is only a good thing until you let speed take priority over the quaility of your work. If you can turn out dam clean work on a car and only take an hour to do it then thats great. If you are turning out a sloppy tint jobs that will have to have windows redone at some point. Then you are really hurting yourself and the business you own or work for.

My best advice to anyone is to never let speed get in the way of the quaility of your work.

If you turn out 8 cars a day and half of them come back to have redo work done. Not only have you costed yourself more time to redo a dry piece verses a still wet piece of film. Your custy will not be happy to make a return trip for something that should have been done right the first time. There for getting you bad word of mouth, and this can cost you more money in the long run then you will ever make by being a speedy tinter. :thumb

Well said

I WOULD ALLWAYS SAY AS LONG As IT TAKES TO BE DONE WRIGHT :thumb

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will say that being fast is a great thing. However being fast is only a good thing until you let speed take priority over the quaility of your work. If you can turn out dam clean work on a car and only take an hour to do it then thats great. If you are turning out a sloppy tint jobs that will have to have windows redone at some point. Then you are really hurting yourself and the business you own or work for.

My best advice to anyone is to never let speed get in the way of the quaility of your work.

If you turn out 8 cars a day and half of them come back to have redo work done. Not only have you costed yourself more time to redo a dry piece verses a still wet piece of film. Your custy will not be happy to make a return trip for something that should have been done right the first time. There for getting you bad word of mouth, and this can cost you more money in the long run then you will ever make by being a speedy tinter. :thumb

Trust me, if it weren't for the cutter, it would take a lot longer, especially by the 3rd or 4th car

Guest Old Dude

2 to 3 hrs. actually prepping and tinting. 20 minutes more afterwards eye "balling" and chizzling to achieve my standards. All handcut no double cutting and all on my own. If I was any faster I would not be able to sleep at night.

2 to 3 hrs. actually prepping and tinting. 20 minutes more afterwards eye "balling" and chizzling to achieve my standards. All handcut no double cutting and all on my own. If I was any faster I would not be able to sleep at night.

CC everything but would probly spend same time on car, just as your saying quality quality quality. :spit

Quality of quantity. Take your time and make sure your work shows you did. It will get you more business in the long run. I re-tint more cars from the local stereo shops and dealers than ever thanks to the boom of quick hack work.

This. :rollin

1HR pretty much most cars...NOT BRAGGING ,just answering your question...all non belivers are more than welcome to watch..oh and no comebacks....maybe that one guy who found a dot or two..but most people are happy....

Guest scottydosnntkno

typical four door car is about an hour and a half from pull in to pull out.

Single cutting all doors, double cut quarters, one piece BG. Also includes pulling panels on all doors. Once you've done so many, its no problem to have all four doors off/on in less than 5 minutes.

Archived