what's your time

damn less than an hour on sedans? are these hand cut? i cant see being that fast doing all hand cut and doing a clean install.

Me neither not saying it can't be done. I would love to see it though hand cut four door sedan by yourself in one hour, man that's slinging some tint. It takes me 3 to 4 start to finish I feel like I'm going fast its just the clock is faster.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'll bite. When I got to the dealership this morning at 7:45, I cut 6 Maxima patterns with the plotter, drank a cup of coffee, smoked two ciggies, and pulled the first car in at 8:30. I was done with all 6 by 12:45. I have since done 3 full rogues.

The difference is, these are all new vehicles. It usually takes about an hour to and hour and a half at my shop, and I have done 1000's of these dang Nissans, so I know all the shortcuts to pulling gaskets, or tucking.

I also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

I also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

:lol

:dunno you beat me to it. Yeah I find the more that you do a car the faster you will get obviously. It just seems like every time I try and do things faster I just screw up tint on either the install or cutting. Now I know this is different for everybody and with the exception of the computer cutters do most of you cut all the windows out then install or cut out and install one at a time.

Archived