Honda Advice Please

MikeMN

I have not tinted cars full time for many years. I am going to be tinting one soon and i would appreciate any advice from all you pro's on here.

The car is a Honda Accord 4 door EX.

Thanks.

Guest filmslayer

what year mike ? hondas are pretty straight forward ... use a lil heat in top corners of roll ups , always tight and can pinch ...

what year mike ? hondas are pretty straight forward ... use a lil heat in top corners of roll ups , always tight and can pinch ...

Sorry, it is a 2006.

The door gaskets look tight, can i pull them?

Guest filmslayer

i dont , but i'm sure some do and will tell ya how . cant remember what the matrix is like but i like to sand dots ... ya my also need a fin or dozer to get behind brake light...

i dont , but i'm sure some do and will tell ya how . cant remember what the matrix is like but i like to sand dots ... ya my also need a fin or dozer to get behind brake light...

Regarding the matrix, I have an idea for that, I will post pics of it when i am done and what i used.

Thanks.

4 door has no matrix to be concerned with, but will need felts and vents pulled if you want to cover the corner. Door panel only has 2 screws in the handle and 1 in the pull cup, pop the panel off but dont remove completely, the sweep will come off and you can felt it, clip the bottom clips back in place while you tint it so you don't have to unhook all of the cables and wires.

Sorry, it is a 2006.

The door gaskets look tight, can i pull them?

A lot just cut them short and leave the gap... ugly.

Some trim and I think those can be slipped in...

But just pull it. Believe it's just a screw under the weather strip at the top above the post holding the quarter window, and a bolt at the bottom behind a plug or something. Then just wiggle and jiggle.

Otherwise those are easy. Panels are easy, etc. Look it up in the makes and models section here (Google Images the year and then find out when it ran from and then you can just look up the same model and whatever year on here). I know there's a thread somewhere.

4 door has no matrix to be concerned with, but will need felts and vents pulled if you want to cover the corner.

Crap forgot the felt... listen to this guy, he knows better than I :lock

Archived