Won the bid on a good project today

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

none of the windows are exactly the same size. They are close enough to cut them all the same, and trim them.

Yes this job could be done with an LG skyscrapper,but I don't own 1. I can rent the baker's scafolding for around $50. No need to loss $800 on this project if I don't have to.

Plus I don't trust my helper to with a blade in his hand 15 ft off the ground. If anything he might be cutting pieces on the ground while I hang. :cool

Why only a 60% silver ?

Nice that you got the job ........ :poke

they are interested in the UV protection for the books facing the windows. The windows are east facing, and they really wanted UV clear. But I explained to them that some of the heat needed to be rejected in order to help with fading as well. This was about the best route I could go and still endup with a window that didn't look really dark while rejecting maximum heat. :thumb

Just a heads up, visible light is a key contributor to fading. UV only accounts for roughly 40% of what causes fading.

Yes I know that this film will not stop fading all together. Nothing will, but this will slow it a great deal. They wanted UV clear until I explained to them them they would need to block as much VLT as they could stand inorder to really slow the fading process. The 60% was the darkest film they would consider. Due to the fact that they wanted to open up the windows in order to let more natural light into this space. I really tried selling them on a 40% silver, but they decided to go with the 60%. Personailly I'm just glad they decided to go with me instead of their usual local tinter. I must have beat his bid by just enough. :dunno

looks like I am going to endup taking down the blinds as well. They agreed to allow me to use one of their sissor lifts if I would remove the blinds as I do each set of windows.

So I agreed to remove them as long as there would be a dumpster on site for me to place them in. Besides who could say no to using a sissor lift over scafolding. :D:lol2

Guest VOLTRON

if they are going to scrap those blinds then that is awsome, cause everyone of those blades are going to snap off at the top and turn into a nightmare if they were keeping them. Congrats on the job.

we did this job a couple weeks ago. Just now getting a chance to post some pics.

The whole job took 15 hours. We spent 3 hours the night before removing the blinds, and allow the dust to settle.

Started early the next morning around 9 oclock. :lol

here's my helper Matt and I.

coast2coasttinting058-1.jpg

coast2coasttinting059-1.jpg

I'm pretty sure these windows hadn't been cleaned since they were installed

coast2coasttinting066-2.jpg

It was nice that all the windows were close enough to the same size that we were able to precut every window at the same size.30in by 58in

And after knocking out all 72 windows in alittle less then 12 hours.

coast2coasttinting070-2.jpg

I still took a small break to take the kids for a ride on the sissor lift. :thumb

coast2coasttinting074-1.jpg

This project worked out very well, so well infact that this week I will be going back to install the same film on the bottom set of windows. they totalled right at 700 sqft. Now thats a win win in my book. :lol

Oh and here's an after shot. hard to see it's even got film on it.

coast2coasttinting062-2.jpg

Archived