HELP on tinting 2011 VW GTI!!!

invisibleman

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do those cars everyday and still hate shrinking that back window

Me too

Me three. Can you imagine having to tint that rear with a pattern pre cut to size BEFORE shrinking? I can see the edges melting already...

I shrunk these before off the plotter. Only reason is because I could save a bunch of film but man it is so not worth it. So hard to not burn the bottom corners. Cutting it big is really the only option and I can't even imagine with an Ebay film pre cut. That film would serve better use if you attatched some strings to it and used it as a kite. Cuz it is just gonna end up in the garbage

well I guess he gave up....... hope he took it somewhere. Trust me when they tell you it is not easy for the pro's, they aren't kidding

Guest Clintz Tintz

Hi there,

I am a newbie to this tint industry, I need to work on a 2011 VW GTI 4 DR. Anyone have experience on tinting this car? I got the tints pre-cut, bought from ebay. So it's already save me some time of trimming and cut them. What next? I hope you can briefly provide step by step instructions, and that would be very helpful.

Thank you for all of you in advanced!!!

Hi, if you haven't mastered the golf mk5 rear screen yet don't worry. 1st of all you need keep calm and practice practice and more practice!!! Ive been in your very position. Are you wet or dry shrinking?? You need to be dry shrinking with soap! Get back to me I will be glad to help you!

Guest Race2win

read the first page and had to skip to post a comment after reading the first page all I could think is what malcoms sig av says "NO TINT FOR YOU" lmao cheers

wow! I know this is a old post but for anyone else that stumbles onto this.. A GTI rear window does have a level of difficulty. I usually don't use anything on a back glass but on harder windows I will use fabric softener. You were a newbie in the business and I'm sure malcom didnt want to give you a step by step, neither would I. It's just a hard window so its even more difficult to explain to someone with little experience.

What I would do is first fabric soften or soap the back window which ever is your preference. Then just take a deep breath and take your time. Some people will leave pull tabs at the bottom. The hardest spots are the bottom 2 edges if you feel your going to crease stop and take a break drink some water and go again let the heat gun to the work not the card. I am not sure how else to explain it to make it easier. Just take your time on the rear glass everything else should go smoothly if you know what your doing. Hope that this helps someone..

Archived