film size?

Guest milly

Guest scottydosnntkno

Now, I suppose I'm not really one to talk since I started in your shoes on day at a younger age. But, the first thing I did when I wanted to learn how to tint was read every thread on this site and soak in the information.

That being said, I'm older and wiser now and realize that this is a cut throat industry filled with hacks and shade tree tinters who do nothing but hurt our industry. So I choose my words wisely

The best way to maximize profit is buy 100' rolls. End of story. Doesn't matter what width. Often times it costs double the price per foot to buy a partial roll. Meaning your costs are double what they could be.

Unfortunately our industry has a very low cost of entry which is good for you and bad for us. Realistically you should invest $1000 into four rolls of film and tools and then you will maximize your profits. That will give you the capacity to tint 40 cars for a pro, probably 20 for a newbie. So you should be able to double your money depending on how much you charge.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ORIGINAL
Now, I suppose I'm not really one to talk since I started in your shoes on day at a younger age. But, the first thing I did when I wanted to learn how to tint was read every thread on this site and soak in the information.

That being said, I'm older and wiser now and realize that this is a cut throat industry filled with hacks and shade tree tinters who do nothing but hurt our industry. So I choose my words wisely

The best way to maximize profit is buy 100' rolls. End of story. Doesn't matter what width. Often times it costs double the price per foot to buy a partial roll. Meaning your costs are double what they could be.

Unfortunately our industry has a very low cost of entry which is good for you and bad for us. Realistically you should invest $1000 into four rolls of film and tools and then you will maximize your profits. That will give you the capacity to tint 40 cars for a pro, probably 20 for a newbie. So you should be able to double your money depending on how much you charge.

who are you, and what did you do with scotty?? :thumb

who are you, and what did you do with scotty?? :blink:

now that was funny

:thumb

Thank you everyone who actually took the time to answer my question. I found my answer about holding the razor btw.

It makes since too that it's cheaper the more you buy. I have watched multiple videos and read a lot of things for those who say I should go an look it up.. My first Impression wasn't very good on this forum, but there are some good people it seems.

Thanks again to the ones that answered with an actual answer and didn't try to run me off... I have to start somewhere, I thought a forum was the place to go to ask questions.

Btw to the guys that told me to search, you do realize if it weren't for forums and people asking questions then when you googled your question, no answer would pop up. I couldn't find the Answer to my question which is why I posted it on a forum.

your question wasn't in the search because no one needs to ask that. a real tinter would know how to cut the top edge and its not hard for someone to look at a price list and see what will be the cheapest to buy for the long run. unless you cant add :thumb

Guest ThePlasticSergon
to answer your question...

the proper size to get "maximum profit" as you stated is technically a 60" roll split 38"/22"

the 38 will do most any back glass, the 22 will do most any side window, and the 38 can be split 19/19 which will cover most any car side window...the 22 is used for taller ones like pickups

Perfect!!

Guest ridiculous
to answer your question...

the proper size to get "maximum profit" as you stated is technically a 60" roll split 38"/22"

the 38 will do most any back glass, the 22 will do most any side window, and the 38 can be split 19/19 which will cover most any car side window...the 22 is used for taller ones like pickups

Perfect!!

thank you thank you :please

Guest ridiculous

oh and for the record:

i learned that from reading all the stuff to the right hand side of the main forum page :please

there's TONS of great info there!!! deff recommend reading through it all O.P.!!

oh and for the record:

i learned that from reading all the stuff to the right hand side of the main forum page :lol

there's TONS of great info there!!! deff recommend reading through it all O.P.!!

I've read a lot since i posted this, good information and I now kind of understand where some of the tinters that commented first were that way.. No hard feelings :cool

I've got a car this saturday I'll be doing, I hope I'm charging the right amount lol.

ps: 2011 ford escape. I read on the ford page on here that the newer models back windshields aren't as hard to tint as the older ones...Let's hope thats true! haha

Archived