Global and Express C/R Film quaility

Hi, I just have a couple questions about Global and Express film.

1. How does Global and/or Express Films quality match up to it's competitors in the C/R department?

2. What are the most common film types for commercial and residential with these types of film?

3. Is the savings in cost to these films comparable to the savings in the automotive department in regards to other film suppliers?

4.Also, would you recommend any other film for the cost and quality in C/R ?

Sorry for so many questions. I work with 3M for a company and not very educated on residential and commercial films, although I have installed a lot of it. We usually install a lot of 3M Night Vision on houses and all kinds of different film on commercial. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Global's cheepy silver is some of the worst junk you will EVER have the displeasure of wrestling with.

Grainy and ugly like it's already 20 years old.

I haven't used their standard typical residential films so no help there.

Suntek has nice films for the money and they will sell to your dog's part time gardener.

I have three shades of delta dual reflective on my house. Clarity is not like 3M, but you would have to be an installer to know. The film is great for the price. The liner releases a little tough for a dry adhesive. No problems with this film yet for me. I didnt like the nichrome from a handling standpoint, but that would be the premium lineup.

I use Global QDP i like it and so do the customers. The three shops here in my town use a film which look's Green, my opinion it look's like $hit specially the darker vlt's. I use EWF Ceramic on front window's and its nice, i also use EWF Silver reflective and it feels nice, looks nice and installs good.

I use Global QDP i like it and so do the customers. The three shops here in my town use a film which look's Green, my opinion it look's like $hit specially the darker vlt's. I use EWF Ceramic on front window's and its nice, i also use EWF Silver reflective and it feels nice, looks nice and installs good.

He isn't asking about auto....this question is in the Commercial and Residential section.

Global's cheepy silver is some of the worst junk you will EVER have the displeasure of wrestling with.

Hi Kats,

Unfortunately, Global has not participated in the Flat Glass market for several years. There are several threads about this, but it all boiled down to the domestic distribution network not being large enough to digest the enormous MOQs that are required.

I (and all of the other Global distributors) do hold the hope that they return to that space in the future. As soon as they do, I will be the first to announce it.

During the time that they did produce the film (including the Silver) we sold millions of square feet of it without a single complaint along those lines. Many of the former Global distributors started using other sources for flat glass film. It is possible that a roll of flat glass film purchased from a Global distributor was not produced by Global. Global (Garware) has their own metalizer and by my standards, it did a very good job on all the vapor deposition films.

EWFs domestic C/R films are sourced from our domestic USA manufacturing partners as well as our best partners in Asia. We work with whichever manufacturer is best suited for the specific construction we have in the catalog. EWF sells every type of flat glass film in the market, from our simple Glare Cuts, to our very popular Residential DNA, to our Black/Whiteout, sputtered Ni-Chromes and the high end Ceramics. You will get the same Lifetime Residential / 10-Year Commercial warranty and TSU-IGF warranty that you get from the majors (but at much better pricing).

Our heavy gauge (8 Mil) was certified by the same lab that certified CP/Llumar, 3M & Solar-Gard's 8M Clear.

Anyone interested in receiving a set of our sample decks, please message me at howard@buytint.com with your Company Name & Address.

Regards,

Howard

Dear Howard,

I emailed you a couple days ago and got an auto replier because you were traveling. I also wrote you earlier today. I wanted to just contact you on here as well because the first time I emailed you my emails got mixed up in your spam folder. I wanted to write you on here just in case this has happened again. I will be looking to purchase a couple rolls of film and some tools very very soon and had a couple more questions. thank you very much.

P.S - I tried to send this message to you in pm's with my email address but your inbox is full. I would rather not make it public on here.

Archived