Leaf

nctinter

Guest Malcolm E Boo
Malc... that's not what I meant. Europeans are very much into the tiny cars...

Europeans are very much into tiny EVERYthing....just ask Mrs. Boo....right Malc?

:lol

KaBoomTish

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Malcolm E Boo
Malc... that's not what I meant. Europeans are very much into the tiny cars... I realize the thing is built in TN! (Even though Nissan is Japanese co.)

It is not that we are in to tiny cars it is the fact that fuel is sssssooooo hideously expensive that smaller cars have to be driven in order to be able to afford the luxuries in life like food and housing.

I understand that...I used to live in Europe. It's a different world!!!

Here in the US, I don't understand people that want to buy cars such as the leaf.

Considering the distances we generally travel in a typical day. Unless you live in a city, or commute ten miles per day. Most of the public don't take into consideration the range of these electric cars. It's all relative! Stop and go...now you're down to 60 mi range from 120(under ideal circumstances). Got to use the A/C? range is affected. It's 15 degrees outside, you're not going to make it back home!!! etc...

Guest Malcolm E Boo

Here in the US, I don't understand people that want to buy cars such as the leaf.

Considering the distances we generally travel in a typical day. Unless you live in a city, or commute ten miles per day. Most of the public don't take into consideration the range of these electric cars. It's all relative! Stop and go...now you're down to 60 mi range from 120(under ideal circumstances). Got to use the A/C? range is affected. It's 15 degrees outside, you're not going to make it back home!!! etc...

I also hate electric cars because they don't make a noise and that is boring.

Imagine an electric F1 or NASCAR car. It would be shite.

Great post. Electric and hybrid vehicles will never pay for themselves in fuel savings. First off, you have to pay a premium for the vehicle, and secondly, batteries will only last so long before they need to be replaced. Electric cars are also huge maintenance queens. You simply cant go to the parts house to pick up a new capacitor or hamster wheel. Any idea of what things like that cost? Me niether.

Im all for new technology, but we are not there yet, which is why these vehicles will not be profitable for the mfg's for years to come. We've got two Leafs at the Nissan dealer Im a vendor for. They have been sitting here for 3 months. I think people are walking next door to Honda and buying a Civic for less money, less maintenance, great mpg's, and proven longevity.

I digress.

I just went to look at the sticker price. $36k! I think you get a $7500 rebate, but still, one could get more for less.

How long will it be before the govt mandates companies to install charging stations in the office parking lot?

Zero emissions?

Never mind those big batteries and the coal power plants used to recharge them.

It's cool though, the EPA just announced that each plant must cough up 800 million to them to stay in business and the price of power is going to cripple the economy further.

But yes, we must be green.

..at any cost.

Archived