96 civic hatchback

dgmt321

Ok, i consider myself as a decent tinter and can dry/shrink much larger rear window that has little curve to it like 92 accord, 92 integra, 94 legend with no problem. But today i was shocked that this rear window kicked my butt. Is it just me or is this rear window harder than it is? I feel very discourage because its a freakin civic hatchback and the rear doesn't appear to be that big at all. I tried dry/wet method but with no success cuz of the big fingers in the corners. I am planning to attempt it one last time, but would like some advice first. Whats the best method for this particular window wet or dry? how should i anchor? please help, thanks.

Guest tint325i

decent tinter at 1 year experience???? yeh we all thought that, come back when you've been doing 20 cars a week for a few years then that old civic will tint its self, not all that difficult a window, just a bit curvier than most, i treat them basicaly like a golf 5

decent tinter at 1 year experience???? yeh we all thought that, come back when you've been doing 20 cars a week for a few years then that old civic will tint its self, not all that difficult a window, just a bit curvier than most, i treat them basicaly like a golf 5

I tinted more than a yr. Its not updated. I do consider myself decent i do good work on cars im capable of doing,not all. Thats why i said decent, not great ok? Just because you werent decent after a year doesnt mean i am not. I am puzzled because The cars i mentioned i could dry shrink those, so apparently im doing something wrong with the hatchback. I came on to ask for help, you act like you never got help before. Instead of acting like you are the sh!t, why not give me some advice? I just want to know which method is better

Leave the piece you are shrinking long on top and bottom, and slightly lift the film in the corner while shrinking, and pull. If it has a spoiler hanging over the glass, remove it. 4 bolts hidden by grommets.

Is it better to do it wet or dry? Thanks for the help i greatly appreciated it

Always dry.

Ok i will try dry again. I felt like i didnt have much film to play around with because the window is so small. Should i leave more film excess on the sides so i can float it around more? Btw thanks ///man. You have always been helpful to me on this forum. Thank you so much.

Always dry.

Ok i will try dry again. I felt like i didnt have much film to play around with because the window is so small. Should i leave more film excess on the sides so i can float it around more? Btw thanks ///man. You have always been helpful to me on this forum. Thank you so much.

NP, yeah, and don't be afraid to leave a couple small fingers on the sides to relieve some of the shrinking from the top and bottom. You can always heat them out after you install it.

When I anchor, I usually do 2 inches on one side,then pull the film so it's snug on the other side with a 2 inch anchor. Kinda like this without it in the center http://www.tintdude.com/misc/shrinkpattern.jpg .

Also I like to use a hard card sometimes when shrinking when using my hand just isn't working.

The lift and pull technique is your friend. The ryk shrink video has a viewable demonstration of this.

Archived