How long does it take to tint?

Guest jcoe

I see everyone talking about how long it takes them to tint a car. I am wondering when do you all start the clock? Is it before cleaning the glass? After? is this with one person or more?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, when the customer is greeted/out of the way and the vehicle is parked in the shop the clock starts.

When the car exits the shop the clock stops.

This is also assuming the film has not been pre-cut.

worry about doing it right not about doing it fast ... :hmmm

i agree 110% some take a hour some take 2.5 hours but they leave right the first time

True Dat! Im probably the slowest tinter in my town but I have a return rate of just barely 1 in a 100.

i agree 110% some take a hour some take 2.5 hours but they leave right the first time

True Dat! Im probably the slowest tinter in my town but I have a return rate of just barely 1 in a 100.

I usually take 3-4 hours to do a car now but that is all alone. is that bad?

i understand you are pulling door panel's. One way to save yourself some time is by just getting the door panel off to remove the lower gasket.

I use small buggee cords to hold the door panels up, and I don't have to disconnect any of the lights and switches. Try this and you should be able to knock off a few mins on a car.

As far as speed goes. just take your time. The most important thing is that you don't get come backs. :hmmm

yesterday i tinted a 2012 civic four door= tax free side job. got the car in the shop at 1030am. unloaded all my stuff, wiped off windows, tinted all the roll ups, tinted the back, then tinted all 4 of the stupid quarter windows on this car, 9 windows in all. i originally told the guy id be done around 230pm because i had to wash the car and put it in the sun to check everything. at around 230pm he made his way down to the lower shop as i was pulling it out of the wash bay into the sun. i told him he arrived just in time but i wanted to give it 20 minutes in the sun to check everything out he was digging the tint on his black civic so i could tell he was happy. i walked him up to the waiting room came back down pulled the gaskets up double checked everything saw it was good drove the car up to him collected my 240 clamshells<yep! and stopped the clock at 3pm. i dont worry about my time as long as i am putting out good work and getting good money for it.

I usually take 3-4 hours to do a car now but that is all alone. is that bad?

My first few weeks (after tint school) some 4 door cars took me over 4 hours. I hated those days but I least I was not getting returns which I think is significant given my lack of experience. Now most 4 door cars take about 2 hours. This is working solo 100% of the time and doing things like putting tape on window switches, cleaning outside of windows, filling out invoices.

Archived