How long does it take to tint?

Guest jcoe

Guest l1ld3v1lrydr

I'm semi new to the tint scene. Still no a pro by any means. And I just work out of my garage on the side. But it usually takes me about 4 hours to tint a 4 door car.

I just wish I knew what to do to make my a little faster, but yet not set and records. I leave the panels on. Cut the two windows at once. And it still takes me 4 hours lol. Oh well. I'm happy with 4, it used to take me 8! HAHA That was yearsss ago

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint phantom

2011 Hyundai sonata 45 min flat with out filling out warranty or installing windshield strip. Fast is not cool. unless your good. [if you have time to do it twice, you have time to do it right the first time.]

FWIW I used 19 minutes out of the alotted 20 minutes during the tint off to do a front door on a Corolla. I did the window twice and came in fifth place for the finals and third overall after the bg. If I treated everycar like someone is going to be judging my work it would take me 2 or 3 hours to complete once the car is pulled in. When I am working at the dealership I can do car faster that two jiggles of a jack rabbits ass.

:thumb Well, at the beginning it will take about one day to do one car. As you get 100 cars under your belt it will take 2-4 hours... From pulling in to pulling out. That is, if you're a one man show.

100+ cars maybe faster...

This is my experience...I'm sure others are different, but I don't try to break any speed records.

My goal now, is to do quality installs that will result in free advertising, i.e. more business...

"Excellence... not perfection, for perfection can never be reached!"

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

Dealership I work at pays 2.5 hours for a 5 window tint. By the time I get the stock number to pull the key, tint, paperwork, put key and car back it takes me 3 hours. Hard to turn hours that way

FWIW I used 19 minutes out of the alotted 20 minutes during the tint off to do a front door on a Corolla. I did the window twice and came in fifth place for the finals and third overall after the bg. If I treated everycar like someone is going to be judging my work it would take me 2 or 3 hours to complete once the car is pulled in. When I am working at the dealership I can do car faster that two jiggles of a jack rabbits ass.

You should tint every car like it is being judged. Doesn't matter if theirs a prize envolved, but every tint job your turn out is looked at buy the owner of the car. Along with everyone else they show their car too. :thumb

I treat every window that rolls out of my shop like it was on my own car.

You should tint every car like it is being judged. Doesn't matter if theirs a prize envolved, but every tint job your turn out is looked at buy the owner of the car. Along with everyone else they show their car too. :twocents

I treat every window that rolls out of my shop like it was on my own car.

Thats how I know if the job is acceptable. So, when I'm trying to decide if a window needs to be redone. I ask my self, "would this be ok if it was your car?".

As i see it, if you let a window slide, that needs to be redone. You may save $5-$15, but that custy won't ever use you again or recommned you.

Archived