Hired my sister

hey all, its been a while but i like to check the board when i get a chance. as the topic states, i hired my sister as a secretary. the problem that ive ran into is that since she is not into cars like i am, she is having trouble with pricing vehicles because she doesnt know one vehicle from another but she is going through some tuff times and needs to work. my question to my fellow tinters is, do any of you have a secretary and do you have a simple pricing chart or anything like that, that you use for pricing. before she came, me and the other guy that works for me, can price things outta our heads but its frustrating for my sister cuase she cant so im trying to find a system that will ease the frustration for her.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey all, its been a while but i like to check the board when i get a chance. as the topic states, i hired my sister as a secretary. the problem that ive ran into is that since she is not into cars like i am, she is having trouble with pricing vehicles because she doesnt know one vehicle from another but she is going through some tuff times and needs to work. my question to my fellow tinters is, do any of you have a secretary and do you have a simple pricing chart or anything like that, that you use for pricing. before she came, me and the other guy that works for me, can price things outta our heads but its frustrating for my sister cuase she cant so im trying to find a system that will ease the frustration for her.

I know some people have a semi flat rate for most cars. Some charge per glass. I'd say write a list of cars that differ from the norm that would stick out in your head. You could have her ask you for ones she wouldn't know. It's a learning process, she'll get a hang of it. Also probably go over car brands and models that they have.

thanks for the reply loy. she has been with me for almost a year and it seems she is going backwards.

Hmm sounds like something else is going on? Lack of motivation? Depression? Maybe being to harse on her lately? How are you doing pricings now, flate rate or car to car basis?

Stroll the walmart parking lot with a note pad and point out the vehicles that are difficult and why you charge more for them. You know what year the vehicles are so when the customer asks a price for an rr on a 96 civic coupe, she knows why the bg costs more to remove the film and replace. Always add to that list. Make sure she knows about the jag x type and what years the rear seats fold down and which years dont. She needs to know that labor costs more on certain vehicles, and will only understand by seeing.

thanks again tintjunkie and loy. loy, there is more gooing on in her life, she has went from a two parent family for her two girls to being a single parent to two girls cause of reasons i cant post, thats why i gave her a job to help feed her and her girls. thats why im trying hard to find a solution to my dilemma here. tintjunkie, im gonna give that a shot while im hoping for more ideas here.

Make a list of the cars that you charge more, like the Vette or the bettle and most Euro trash cars. Then give her a laptop and have one window open on GOOGLE IMAGES, So when they are asking for a quote she can look at the pics of the vehicle. Hope that helps, and I'm glad you are helping your sister out.

one price for 2drs, another for 4 drs, another for SUVs...etc. that is how I break it down, with of course a few exceptions. Maybe break it down that way so she can give a ball park price, then tell them to stop by for exact pricing. :thumb

Archived