HP Films

Guest VOLTRON

I like HP films for performance, I just installed some with a forum member (Mike S) on my Dads Corvette. I just hate the reflective look on the dark VLTs, anything 35% and up is a slam dunk though.

The darker shades of Madcow's Onyx line isn't shiny at all. Never had an issue. It's funny you bring this up cause lately I have had a lot of custys go even further and worry about HP films causing interference with their cell phones and radar detectors. After dispelling their worries I ask them where they heard these rumors and it is almost always internet forums.

I am glad to see that the age old myth that HP automatically = Signal Interference is slowly being debunked. Still, I get calls just about every day from dealers who shy away from them for just this reason.

Having metal embedded within a film's construction carries significant benefits. First of all, it will add significantly to a films solar performance. It also reduces the VLT with less reliance upon dyes and pigments, which contributes to longevity.

Another concern I often hear involves a "reflective look". By metalizing the inner surface of either layer of a 2 ply construction, the metal will not appreciably add to either VLRe or VLRi.

It also makes for an easy up sell, as many manufacturers offer NR & HP versions of the same film.

These films have been in this industry for as long as I can remember and will probably be here well into the future.

Some sputtered films may be a problem however, so check with your supplier if you have questions about this issue.

-Howard

Never had a complaint, just did a 02 bmw 745 with HP. I hate it when I get a custy calling with a beemer, mercedes and i can tell that they were told HP would cause interference, so when i tell them it won't, they think Im full of it.

My brother had his 2010 Mercedes E series tinted with Carbon and the guy told him that HP wouldn't cause interference and that the carbon series is just for the upsell.

Atleast he was being honest.

:waving

Archived