Korea Tinter meeting with Vietnam Tinter

Korea Tinter meeting with Vietnam Tinter

www.korea-tinter.com

PA221538.jpg

Second visit to Vietnam.

I visited Hanoi, Vietnam with an invitation from the regional distributor of Sungard Vietnam. Thankfully, all of my travel expense was furnished by them.

This time, I was accompanied by Mr. Park, Sung-kwan, owner of Sky Tinting Shop in Gunsan, Jeolabook-do from October 19 to October 24.

It was much cooler this time compared to my last visit in July. However, I could once again feel that Vietnam is one of the hottest cities in the world because of amount of sweat that my body produced during my stay there. Boy, this country is hot!

During the trip, I was in an event where both Korean tinters and Vietnam tinters working together in a town called Ha-dong in Hanoi, Vietnam. We participated in tinting cars sold at the local Toyota dealer.

It is the largest Toyota lealer in Hanoi which has the largest service center as well. The company makes profit by selling cars as well as operating the service center and selling car accessories. No wonder they have a separate teams for installing car seats, under bodies, A/V system, and stainless bumber support (which is illegal in Korea)

Now let's look at the tinting market of Vietnam.

It seems that there are more variety of cars in Vietnam than in Korea.

I saw many Korean cars as well. For example, Santa-Fe, Veracruz, Click, Forte, Morning, Martiz, Spark and Cruz.

There are much more Toyota cars in Vietnam and I got to see Porche GT and even Rolls Roys Quantum.

Since there are much more kinds of cars, local tinters do not use outline base used to cut films, which is widely used in Korea. Instead, they mostly use custom cut and sometimes use cutting equipment. Whichever method they use to cut film, it was interesting that they cut about 1cm below the glass line on the side windows using regular cutters. The reason for this is because they believe that the top end of film will be damaged after operating the windows for few times. In Korea, shaving skill is very popular that most of tinters have the skill to match film to the glass line. But sadly, this skill was not yet educated in Vietnam or so it seemed.

During the event in Vietnam, we applied the same exact tinting method that we use in DiDi-PangPang and we asked Vietnam tinters to try the new method. We showed them the shaving skill and one panel installation of rear window.

They noticed the difference in both installation and completion of window tinting. Afterwards, they began to notice the advantage and asked us to have more events in the future. I was proud to show them what they didn't know and it was a meaningful event.

I'm sure that there will be more tinters with upgraded skill in the near future in Vietnam. I will be attending the SEMA in Las Vegas in the beginning of November. I will give you an update after meeting with many great tinters at SEMA. I will be traveling from LA to Las Vegas by car from November 1 - November 6.

I'm looking forward to meet Stan Foster and other global tinters.

I will see you there at SEMA.

From Park, Byoung Yeol ( KOREA-TINTER )

PA211443.jpg

PA221545.jpg

PA221542.jpg

SAM_3318.jpg

PA211490.jpg

SAM_3406.jpg

PA221538.jpg

Archived