Suntech

Guest ClearVue

Guest redneckj

well lets see how long this post last, If you are the moderator that takes it down then email me and let me know why you took it down.

How long will Suntek last for? I used it back in the mid part of 2000 till about mid 2001. I am in the NW and it is not very sunny or hot like it is in other parts of the United States. Was the film color stable? Absolutly not! I did a car for an employee of a dealership that I do work for and saw it 6 months after I tinted it and was blown away of the color change. The film used was the HP char 30%. The film was still clear but turned majorly towards the blue side of the color chart. In only 6 months and that was during the winter and spring! I called the suntek plant in VA and talked to some of the head people there and told them about the problem and asked what they were gona do about my problem. They told me that there was nothing in the warrantee that would cover the problem of the color change. I said that the film shouldnt fade at all in 6 months especially here in the NW in the winter. They said that there is nothing more that they could do. I have seen other cars that I did with suntek since then and I would be embarassed to be associated with the quality of the tint that is on their car. I did tint the car but I didnt build the film. Will I use suntek? Hell no. I am a LLumar usuer now and I like the product alot.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TINTFXold

time will tell if improvments have been made. All I know is the Infinity line has your standard lifetime warr. INCLUDING a lifetime NON FADE warranty... time will tell

Guest tintslut

hardly a day goes by when someone doesnt advertise a cheaper

alternative than what your presently using. Yah gets what you pay for.

YOu need to ask yourself, if all film prices were the same, and you could use whatever film you wanted, would you be using your current film.

Guest skeeter

I think Redneck was talking about that Johnson thread. Where is it? SunTek and Johnson are economically priced. I don't know of any American manufacturers offering comprables any cheaper. For the $ they are a good value and they serve a niche. The bottom line is ultimately you get what you pay for. The dealers selling these lines and representing them as the best available are kidding themselves as well as their customers. :mrgreen:

Guest TINTFXold

I will always carry different brands of film. Some offer thingts that the another does not. Its good to cover all basis. Suntek will fill my "economical" slot.

Archived