WFAANZ

Guest WFAANZ

We're doing a great deal to narrow the divide. Our next mission is to send WERS For Film info to every single installer around the country, explaining the many benefits of certification. We're also establishing an online training facility to make the accreditation process easier for installers. Our Federal Government is set to launch Mandatory Disclosure, requiring homeowners to have an energy disclosure rating when selling their property, at which time a WERS For Film licence will become extremely valuable.

My comment about illegal tinters being exposed in local media was in reference to auto film only - we use examples of illegal tint jobs to place articles that educate motorists. In doing so we promote our members abiding by the law, and ease the pressure that is placed on tinters by motorists demanding film outside the legal limit.

Look I agree with the sentiments of the association but when you have 2 of the biggest wholesalers not behind the group, then why is that so?

It doesn't work is MHO.

I have NEVER had anyone ask me if I have an accreditation card in some 37 years + nor do I ever expect to get asked for one in the next 37 years...fact!

But if a tinter feels he needs it, then good for him and I don't have a prob with that.

Bat all you like but show us some balls when it comes to backyarders and illegal tinters.

All the best to you.

Devil

Bat all you like but show us some balls when it comes to backyarders and illegal tinters.

All the best to you.

Devil

Are mobile tinters or part-time freelancers considered backyarders?Many tint shop owners started from such humble backgrounds when they were young. My heart goes out to them; we all have different starting lines in life.

Seems to me this whole angle creates a negative impression in the mind of the consumer.

You are taking out articles pointing out tint shops that may be, in your situation, not on the up and up.

After reading those, I'd be wary of the entire trade as a consumer. Why not put that energy into promoting window film?

Archived