Economic rebound ?

So everyone knows the past few years have been a challenge. I'm on the road everyday, travel averages are 1000 miles per week. I can remember far fewer cars on the road and MUCH less traffic in the past few years. My state and surrounding states have lost population over the last few years so we do not have more people. So are people going back to work?

dont think so. near detroit here. most i know are on Fun-employment or welfare or some other gov assistance plan. so yes people have money to go play and buy things at the taxpayers expense. I guess the people who receive the free stuff dont realize that now they outnumber the people who give the free stuff. and the people who get the free stuff are mad at the people who give the free stuff because they want more free stuff. well the people who give the free stuff ran out of money (national debt) for the people who want the free stuff. so what do we do? well in the past couple months i now own a 22 semi-auto rifle, a 22mag rifle a 12 gauge pump shotgun a 22ruger pistol and matching 9mm and my trusty 50cal kentucky. do you think 5000 rounds is enough for when the revolution starts?

need to protect you sheit and family. think i might move to the smokey mountains when the time comes

dont think so. near detroit here. most i know are on Fun-employment or welfare or some other gov assistance plan. so yes people have money to go play and buy things at the taxpayers expense. I guess the people who receive the free stuff dont realize that now they outnumber the people who give the free stuff. and the people who get the free stuff are mad at the people who give the free stuff because they want more free stuff. well the people who give the free stuff ran out of money (national debt) for the people who want the free stuff. so what do we do? well in the past couple months i now own a 22 semi-auto rifle, a 22mag rifle a 12 gauge pump shotgun a 22ruger pistol and matching 9mm and my trusty 50cal kentucky. do you think 5000 rounds is enough for when the revolution starts?

need to protect you sheit and family. think i might move to the smokey mountains when the time comes

So you were the guy on the road, heading to the store to pick up more ammo.

So everyone knows the past few years have been a challenge. I'm on the road everyday, travel averages are 1000 miles per week. I can remember far fewer cars on the road and MUCH less traffic in the past few years. My state and surrounding states have lost population over the last few years so we do not have more people. So are people going back to work?

We are definitely seeing a bit of a rebound on the west coast. The unemployment number is still high, but I do not think that is going to dramatically change for a few years. The reality is that over the past several years companies have learned to get the job done with fewer people. Now, business is rebounding a bit, but they are still not hiring. The efficiency increases that many employers were forced to implement have now become their mode of operation.

On the positive side, the people that have jobs seem to be spending a bit more freely now than they have in recent years. We are even seeing many companies beginning to re-invest in projects that have been put on hold over the past 2 years. In summary, I would say that we are seeing a rebound, but it will be slow and may never get back to the free spending days before this recession hit.

I agree with the thought about companies Investing in projects that were shelved a couple years ago. Over the past few months we have had to dust off bids for projects we quoted in 08 and 09. the traffic on the major highways out here is also way up. The general rule of thumb is that 5% unemployment is in reality full employment. There will always be a certain segment of the population that are just unemployable. The rate here is somewhere around 8%. I really don't personally know anyone with a decent head on their shoulders that is not working here. All I can say is that I liked my commute much better 2 years ago when the UE rate was like 14%

well dont forget that according to the feds, if your not collecting you must be employed. so everyone here who ran out of unemplyment benefits is working according to them. the underground economy is booming. barter systems and cash and carry. but reality we here are more like 15 to 20% unemployed.

do to the mass migration out of detroit. detroit is going to lose its extra city tax it applies to anyone employed. so the solution is to give away for free houses to anyone who wants one to increase the population including illegal immigrants. who all collect SS

So you were the guy on the road, heading to the store to pick up more ammo.

well yes, everyone i talk to is stocking up on guns and ammo. almost got a sweet AK47 but it sold an hour before i got there. so now i am looking at a SKS equiped with bayonett and grenade launcher . i goto the range on sundays racking off 600 rounds or so for practice but plan to have over 10g's on hand by spring for inventory

Guest JoeDirte

Couldnt of said it better myself -- We like to call them TAXEATERS around here.

Its hard when 47% of the people employed are government workers which means they cost us money. All these idiots think that the government is suppose to create jobs. They dont do anything but costs us money. Its the business people, the people with money, who create jobs. Its a real messed up world.

If you wanna see something funny, YouTube -- "How Liberals Argue"

Archived