Tinter's Heel Spur Pain

Just woke up with it in one heel part of the foot, I've been to the quack and the diagnosis is very common for those of us on our feet all day....can hardly put any weight on it.

Oddly enough I had only just mentioned to the misses that a few days ago, I had stood for about 8 hours straight doing Toyota Landcruisers which are so high you can't use a stool.

Muscle strengthening exercises and a good dose of anti inflamatory pills are all that can be done about it. :zzz

Devil

My wife says...1) if its on the back of your heel... cut moleskin into strips and build up the inside of your shoe on either side of the spur. 2) if its on the bottom.... get four cheap inserts, two for each shoe and cut a hole in them under the spur. This takes the pressure off. The other two are to balance your shoes out. She also recommends as much ice as possible. This was the advice of her orthopedic surgeon.

Guest Vince30

I have this trouble as well. Went to the podiatrist about it. He gave me three cortisone injections in the heel over three weeks. No pain now and no pain pills!

Guest Vince30

How about the pain of getting the shots ?

I won't lie, the shots were pretty bad, but not nearly as bad as the heel spur pain. You just have to cowboy up. The relief was worth the discomfort. Feeling for you Devil. Give it a shot mate! Literally!

Archived