Full Ceramics Vs Entry Ceramics Vs Nano Films?

You know what is amazing, I learn something every time and I do about 10 a year.

We can't be the only ones too, we are so welcoming to visitors. If you are even close to a film plant call your rep or someone there. I'm sure they will let you take a tour!

people still think it is the same thing as their coffee mug.

Hi Rob,

Even less understood is why the nano particles are incorporated in the first place and exactly what they are doing. Not many people understand that those particles are so small that they act like "gates" or "light filters" and by virtue of their size, they can selectively screen the incoming wavelengths. It's a very simple and elegant application of nano-technolgy that works very well. The visible light waves pass thru but the longer wavelengths (IR) can not.

But that's another thread all together and it's close to sack time here!

-Howard

True Howard, also add the fact that some materials are extremely efficient at dissipating heat and have been used in the industrial industry for years to do just that. If you have ever used a drill bit for instance, you probably used one with a spectral selective ceramic material on it. Of course, when it comes to ceramic window films... talking about Space Shuttles and F1 cars is much more marketable. :lol

some materials are extremely efficient at dissipating heat

It is this very attribute that allows (I should say allowed) the Space Shuttles to withstand the extreme heat of reentry without burning up.

-Howard

We had a member from Latvia that came around here who warned us years ago of the impending flooding and saturation of the window film market. It would be coming from China and Korea. That day came a couple of years or so back.

So like cockroaches coming out after dark, we see yet another entry into the fray.

You sure you weren't reading the vlt :lol ? I'm pretty sure that's nearly impossible. I checked the ice cool grey from global at 70% it has a 49%tser. That stuff is like 1200 a roll. If that's the case I can only imagine what the other would be.