Shrinking side window issue

Im having an issue where I would finish shrinking all fingers on a side window, then I would lay the film on the glass again and few more fingers would pop up. This cause me to shrink each window twice(especially front windows, waste of time) to make sure the film installs properly without fingers. Sometime I shrink it once and the installs would get messed up because fingers would pop up . Anyone ever experience this before?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

watch how you are squeegeeing the film. It is very easy to make fingers pop up if you squeegee wrong. I only shrink a few side windows anymore.

some film will stretch more than others, but you should be able to lay down most film on most side windows...

I'm different than most, I guess. I shring ERR-thing on the outside.....last thing I want to be doing is climbing My big ass in and out of backseats, or chasing random fingers on rollups. :trustme

When You get old and frail tinting is a beeotch..... :lol

Guest Malcolm E Boo

I'm different than most, I guess. I shring ERR-thing on the outside.....last thing I want to be doing is climbing My big ass in and out of backseats, or chasing random fingers on rollups. :trustme

Good job you are as handsome as your avatar then :D

I also shrink everything. Sometimes I will shrink the fingers on the bottom and then move the film and shrink some on the top. I know it's overkill but I would rather spend the extra few minutes shrinking as much as I can than get fingers during my install and suck up dirt or felt. If a window doesn't have much to shrink I will push fingers into it sometimes. I know it's not necessary but it makes me feel more comfortable knowing fingers won't pop up.

Archived