Crappy windows tinting fun...!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do those half width windows in the first pic of the half done set have the wall built up against the glass?

That is exactly right but in this case the crappy crusty frames were much more of an obstacle than that.

Unfortunately in most cases the tint job can only be as good as the condition of the window/frames.

Evidently those folks in that office have been enduring some unbearable glare and heat because like I said before, I tried to talk them out of after seeing the results of the first two but they seemed to understand the difficulty of getting them 100%. I guess they figured there wasn't much that could be done to make the windows look better but the benefits of the tint was worth it. They opted for the darkest that I carry, Optivision 5%. I could tell a big difference from when I started till when I finished in the overall comfort of the room.

did you get a waiver signed for that dark tint? Seems to me that those would be some pretty rigid glazing and just annealed glass. Sounds like some glass breaking to me.....

Optivision 5% is approved for clear or tinted single pane & clear double pain. The exterior side is reflective.

Archived