Preventing felt contamination

How does everyone keep from getting felt contam? I tape up my windows and have read some melt the fuzz but is there any other way? I did a 2012 pickup the other day and had some felt along the edges. I had taped the edges to prevent it but it still seems to get through. Any other ideas?

The blue painters tape works for most felt, but if I won't stick or for real tight gaskets, like on mercedes, I use 2" clear packing tape.

Does the clear box tape work without leaving a bunch a glue left behind when you remove the tape?

I've always used duck tape for slick felt gaskets, but sometimes it will leave behind glue from the tape.

Guest Flatbowdad

I have been using the 2 in green 3m for autobody use. Works great but by the time it's been wet down a few times it looses some stickiness. Seems like some of the farm trucks I have done lately the tape has served it's purpose well. I also try to go deep into the chanel

I have been using the 2 in green 3m for autobody use. Works great but by the time it's been wet down a few times it looses some stickiness. Seems like some of the farm trucks I have done lately the tape has served it's purpose well. I also try to go deep into the chanel

I also use the green 3m and I think for roll ups, like you stated, after getting wet and applying film makes it even easier to peel back. No sticky mess. That all kinda sounded like some p**n reference?

My ? Did you still let it go? :please:thumb

I had taped the edges to prevent it but it still seems to get through. Any other ideas?

Let it go as in leave my shop? Absolutely not. I redid it but I want to prevent it next time. I only have trouble with newer felt so I thought I would ask everyones opinion.

My ? Did you still let it go? :please:thumb

I had taped the edges to prevent it but it still seems to get through. Any other ideas?

Let it go as in leave my shop? Absolutely not. I redid it but I want to prevent it next time. I only have trouble with newer felt so I thought I would ask everyones opinion.

So my other ? how bad was it to not let it go? At some small point we probably all let some things go. But if its horrible I can understand. Just curious. Did a 2012 Ram today and taped with green 3m and had no real problems. Speck here and there but not real noticable. Albiet a work truck with overspray on outside drivers glass from a home job Rhino bed lyning I let it go. He knew this going into the door. Easy truck and actually went the extra mile and scraped the bed lyning overspray off the drivers door. Sometimes you just got to put into persceptive the end use and outcome if that makes sense. Custy was cool with end job. Like I said nothing major just at what point to you stop and or quit re-doing a window??

Archived