Veterans of tinting can I get some advice!?

I need some advice or a pep talk...anyway. Most of you know I am a rookie to tinting. I've been doing this about a month and I when I make a mistake it makes me think that maybe I should just give it up. But it is something I enjoy to do I grew up around cars, worked in body shops, detail shops, even worked some auctions buying cars. I'm sure some of you will grill me for this post. But it is cool most of you seem like good people. I want to buy those DVDS from stan or attend a class, but the VA won't pay for it lol.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tinter24

Felt the same way when I started, its just practice, practice, practice. Glad I didnt cave when I started, im getting very good. Of course I had some help, I had a guy I met at a convention through my film supplier who invited me out to his shop. He let me tint with him and looked over my work, looked at me and said if someone looked over this vehicle they would never be able to tell which side you tinted and which I did. That helped me a lot!!! Just keep practicing, you'll get it. it just takes time and a lot of cars.

Guest thatsnappyguy

Its a good industry to be in. Its getting more popular to the public. Have you ever tinted windows are a house? Maybe thats the direction you should try before giving up.

Archived