Turned appointment away today

sad as it was. Id through a tarp over all the nastyness and made the job. Money isnt as easy to come by. Maybe these custys dont know any better for keeping a clean car. You gotta weigh the odds basically. Your not there to educate about their behaviors. If nothing else quote higher to deal with the mess. Never quote over the phone is my motto. I gotta see the vehicle in person and that elimates any abnormalities and helps you adjust your schedule/pricing. Beyond that if they do show up for a once over it usually means they want it done. Anyone can call for a appt/price but when it shows up it can be a whole different world. Always cover your @ss and its a simple task.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sad as it was. Id through a tarp over all the nastyness and made the job. Money isnt as easy to come by. Maybe these custys dont know any better for keeping a clean car. You gotta weigh the odds basically. Your not there to educate about their behaviors. If nothing else quote higher to deal with the mess. Never quote over the phone is my motto. I gotta see the vehicle in person and that elimates any abnormalities and helps you adjust your schedule/pricing. Beyond that if they do show up for a once over it usually means they want it done. Anyone can call for a appt/price but when it shows up it can be a whole different world. Always cover your @ss and its a simple task.

After 28 yrs of tinting cars, I do draw the line on some senerios. Ive tolerated a lot over the years but I'm usually 2 weeks booked out and I always have cars left here for days as fall back cars. An empty shop is never a worry here but breathing in the stench coming from old food that has been sitting in the heat of a non ventilated car for God knows how long to make me sick and lose work ? Throwing a tarp over the garbage wasn't the solution for this tinter, throwing that turd to the competition while I stay healthy doing other tint jobs was the solution for me personally .

So I guess I did follow some of your advice : I did "weigh the odds " :lol

Hep, would the couple hundred bucks be worth the shots you would need after. You could catch any number of diseases just going in that mess. AND if it smelled of nasty dirty laundry, just think of what you could catch if you accidentally touched some gross underwear in there!!!!

What like TB? Cummon your not gonna get anything that will kill you far as I know. It was just a suggestion and "Couple hundred" bucks is no where what I would have quoted it would be double that. Now would $400 + be worth it?

Beyond that TW never stated what the job entailed. I see its a Toyota but what was the job scheduled for? How many windows? The only pic was of the front now if the back seat is as bad and they are getting the back glass done deffinately a higher quote would be assesed. Which usually at such a high quote the customer would bow out without you even insulting them. :thumb

Seriously, the pic doesn't do it justice. It just stank so bad, I td the custy to take the money they were going to spend on the tint and spend it on a complete interior clean instead.

I couldn't be paid enough to have that car stink up my whole shop.

Goodonya TW and I would have done the same.

I certainly turned away some old shitters in my time but that was only due to the fact the tint was worth more than the car.

Devil

I had a dealership drop off a car for tinting (2009 Camry). It sat outside for 2 hr in 85+ degree heat w windows closed. I went out to bring it in and when I got in and took a breath, I threw up. There was a plastic bag full of cigarette butts (FULL) and empty cartons in the passenger floorboard. And in the cupholder was an ashtray overflowing into the cupholder and all over the center console. It felt like I had swallowed a cigarette butt. I emptied the trash and left it sit outside with the windows open for 2 hours. Went back out and the whole parking lot smelled like cigarettes. The owner obviously never opened the windows in the car while smoking. I called the dealer and said come get this %&$# out of my parking lot. And how the hell do you think someone would get in that car to tint it. I was disgusted. And recommended them to tell the owner that, and that no one would take it on as a job to tint it.

Archived