MK5 Golf - Front and Rear Doors

Guest ShadowTinting

Guest ShadowTinting

Well here is my 2 cent on this vehicle (learnt on mine as I have one)

Made life easier by removing the gasket/seal/weather strip (depends on what you all call it. This can be done by:

1) roll down the window for the front passenger and driver door, remove the screw in the top corner of the door. Then get your hand in and fingers under the panel and pop it back a bit, this will give you enough remove for manoeuvre. The strip can be easy or hard to get it and could take a bit of pressure depending on either. It should come out fairly easy. Presto, tint the doors and drop the strip back in and clip the top part of the panel and screw it on.

2) the rear passenger doors are the same process as the fronts apart from the fact there is no screw. Just roll down the window and hands in and pull back the panel and strip comes out. Tint and put it back together.

Not white sure what advice to give for the back glass, I guess it's just trial and error until you work out what's best for yourself. I snap and pull and burn the edges.

Once you get the technique for the seal/weather strip/ gasket it takes best part of 10 minutes of that.

The thread may be old but I just wanted to add my views on it as it has been one of the head burners for me. Hope it helps. Thanks guys!

Guest Anjum123

Hi jus wanted to knw how to take the actual glass out? I use a small screw driver and tried pushing the circle clips or woteva thy r called but shatterd the glass pls help!!!

Archived