2012 Camry

micro-edge

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, I guess reading this I learned something new... never have done a Camry, had one today 2011, the quarters gave me hell, yet when I do Fusions they are cake, no gaps.   ugh... the driver quarter panel is coming back for a redo, I f'ed that one up.  I will try to jam the conqueror in there for a few.  What other tool is long enough to get to that hidden back corner on the quarters?  

hey, is a simple question, go have fun with me now. lol

ok, I guess reading this I learned something new... never have done a Camry, had one today 2011, the quarters gave me hell, yet when I do Fusions they are cake, no gaps. ugh... the driver quarter panel is coming back for a redo, I f'ed that one up. I will try to jam the conqueror in there for a few. What other tool is long enough to get to that hidden back corner on the quarters?

hey, is a simple question, go have fun with me now. lol

Other than loosening up the rubbers and using an ez reach to squeegee the tips, I've learned over the past year that spending an extra couple minutes perfecting the cuts can make a big difference on how easy they slide in. I used to cut them about a 1/16 big the whole way around so they would hide, but cutting it exact with only a tad extra on the front or bottom, so there's no forcing, and once it's in, with some careful positioning everything will hide. Same with Honda front quarters. Sometimes I use a Popsicle to touch up the corners.

Archived