Isopropyl alcohol with water safe for tint?

I was tinting a hatch back, and the tint would not stick to the solid black boarder. I was heating it down for 10 mins and still would not go down. So I grab a ppf solution (alcohol and water). Sprayed and white card with paper towel, and it suck. I done this really quickly in seconds. Is it safe for glue?

Okay for the glue, not okay for you to be inhaling it. Use it sparingly or you'll wind up like I did with alcohol poisoning; I used about one half cup per Poly2 continously in my slip, then stopped under doctor advisement.

It may be, you need take more time to prepare band matrix and remove the oxidation that is causing film not sticking to that material.

Guest fredstinting

I use Isopropyl alcohol some times when have a corner on a residential job not sticking. was told to do this from old global film rep. I spill Isopropyl alcohol on a scrap piece of sungards bronze 20 residential film and it faded to a different color in matter of seconds. just dont us the Isopropyl alcohol on auto tinting cause once you get the alcohol get on the window doesn't matter how much slip you use the film will not slide and it will stick instantly on the window. found out by trying to clean a door glass I use as a test window with Isopropyl alcohol before I installed the auto film to see what would happen when doing this.

Okay for the glue, not okay for you to be inhaling it. Use it sparingly or you'll wind up like I did with alcohol poisoning; I used about one half cup per Poly2 continously in my slip, then stopped under doctor advisement.

It may be, you need take more time to prepare band matrix and remove the oxidation that is causing film not sticking to that material.

What kind of symptoms were you having. I use alcohol and water to clean windows all the time

It forced me to get sober and stay that way; I like my liver.

Really, it may simply be my chemistry as I am rather sensitive to any drug ingested; usually only need half the normal dose.

Maybe I am allergic to alcohol; I do know today if I put it in my system I break out

in a drunk all over. :spit

Isopropyl alcohol and its metabolite, acetone, act as central nervous system (CNS) depressants. Symptoms of isopropyl alcohol poisoning include flushing, headache, dizziness, CNS depression, nausea, vomiting, anesthesia, and coma. Poisoning can occur from ingestion, inhalation, or absorption; therefore, well-ventilated areas and protective gloves are recommended.