NR limo tint

This is a fairly simple teaser for those who are green to the industry or for those who like to use NR films.

There is actually more infrared heat inside a parked car using an NR 5% limo tint than strikes the glass from the sun; not much more than the sun's 49.xx %.

:blink Why is that?

Maybe I should have worded it differently, like, the percentage of infrared bombarding a parked car's interior is greater than the amount coming from the sun.

Or maybe, it's so simple it's obvious?

That was a easy one. You have probably forgotten more about film than I know.... So throw out another one.

:lol:thumb

Well, I left out the question involved near and far infrared and the far infrared.

The answer also being visible light converts to far infrared after it strikes and heats a surface.

So in othe words solar heat gained from the sun is around 54% if you include visible light. That's where my wording was off. Oh well, nice try and a great example of major brain fart occurring.

Ok so here is one for you. My biggest glass breaker is DR films in the 20-30 range. I understand the TSEA numbers. But what about rate of TSEA and the rate of heat shed along with "re radiation" how, if at all is this accounted for in DR films? And all films for FG.

Ok so here is one for you. My biggest glass breaker is DR films in the 20-30 range. I understand the TSEA numbers. But what about rate of TSEA and the rate of heat shed along with "re radiation" how, if at all is this accounted for in DR films? And all films for FG.

Oh, oh :ppdance of all the things tint I have an answer for, that wouldn't be one of them. Wait, :unsure::bogabut: could it be because the flux capacitor's jigawatts are not high enough when metal meets dyed layer? :lol:gasp:runforhills

Can I get back to you on that? I've always wanted to know why some VLT films (like DR25 or a copper 20%) go against conventional F2G wisdom.

Here ya go TomT:

All films' F2G numbers, no matter what the solar component may be (aluminum, ceramic, copper, silver, etc.), are calculated using Windows5 (6 if upgraded and not PC operating system software from Microsoft). Focus is primarily on a film's TSEA.

DR25 from LLumar, as an example, has a factor of 10, which is the limit for annealed and is known through F2G chart use. 10 factor does not include things such as shadowing, blinds or drapes within 4 inches of the glass surface, etc. Even the smallest of shadow cast by a deep recessed frame/glass system need be factored in. One thing I take further is if a customer still chooses to close off close fitting blinds or drapes during the day, it gets counted (Personally, I've always instructed customers to be sure these treatments are not slammed closed when the sun is out and I've always arbitrarily added a factor of 1 to any mannies limit, just to be safe).

Finally, Windows program uses a base that gives you factors and information for one particular glazing system setting. Anything outside these set test parameters will impact heat absorption and absorbed heat transfer (e.g. frame and seal quality, frame type and quality). Labarotory calculations, as we have all come to know, are not necessarily representative of real time exposure.

As an aside, Enerlogic films have thrown a curveball into the conventional F2G wisdom because it traps incoming summer heat in the glass by blocking re-radiation.

Archived