Pricing experiments and the psychology behind it.

Me personally I would offer three films and probably only stock two. The low end option buyers would just get the mid range film as it would keep life simple and less inventory. Even though they are paying less for a better product, saves me comebacks or drama down the road.

To me its a no brainer, I kick myself for not offering three lines when I had my shop. I left SO much money on the table it hurts.

Would you use this tactic on your family, mom, dad, sister ?? I wouldn't....but atleast their getting the same "good" film but paying less. So if you do tell the truth about the good and better product (that their the same) it would just be like asking your customer what would you like to pay me for this product price a or b? I will stick to stocking a "better" & "best" film both with a lifetime warranty and concentrate strictly on film performance & quality work.

This is definitely better than offering a premium ceramic option and the shop still installing a color stable dyed, which I often hear of.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm treating the customers like family if they are willingly paying for a 5yr film and getting the upgraded option at no additional cost. I'm sure if you asked them they would be thrilled, they don't get the warranty they didn't pay for so there is a difference in what they are paying for versus the customer paying for a "better" film with a lifetime manufacturers warranty.

Totally understand where you are coming from Tint_Pros. It's going to depend on each business and their clientele individually, that being said the statistics show a three product offering is most beneficial and leads to getting higher margins on the two higher level products.

This is solely based on the statistics that prove it,

I like to give best in class options across the board. No leveraging up using warranties, just give people 3 great films. So for instance in flat, I would offer a traditional DR film like our Fusion at the low end, our nano ceramic in the middle, and our XIR films on the high end. All 3 have the exact same warranty coverage, they are just different tehnologies with a different look, performance and price point.

It's kind of like what Merecedes did, offer 3 differing classes of vehicle with the same warranty to meet 3 price points. No "good, better, best" just "best, best, best" for what ever you wish to spend.

I offer three films ATC ATR and CTX . I get a lot of ATC sales, one to five ATR, and about five to ten CTX sales a month. It seems once I explain the differences it's either a price or best scenario. Not many people even think about the ATR anymore an that used to be my best seller.

Two tint , I was wondering if you could send me a PM as to what your price differences between the ATC, ATR, CTX as I sell these three lines and am curious as to your price difference which gets you more CTX sales than ATR :DD

Archived