Pricing experiments and the psychology behind it.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one dealer who offers three choices but the low end and mid range film is actually the same product.

He gets so few people who select the low range it wasn't worth stocking it. So although they are only getting a 5 year warranty from the dealer, he is actually installing a lifetime color stable film. To him the $2-5 a car he would save in material costs isn't worth carrying the inventory. That and he knows they will not have a junk film failing in three years so he won't have to worry about his reputation. Last time I checked he'd sold something like four of the lowest price options in about three months. It just naturally pushes everyone up into the mid range choice that he wants them to purchase.

Just spit balling here. Given the examples in that article do you think just using two films but offering a no fault warranty to the equation would give you a leg up without a lot of confusion? Tint A = $---, Tint A + With NFW =$--- ending in 9

How many of you, if any, offer a no fault warranty by the way?

Me personally I would offer three films and probably only stock two. The low end option buyers would just get the mid range film as it would keep life simple and less inventory. Even though they are paying less for a better product, saves me comebacks or drama down the road.

To me its a no brainer, I kick myself for not offering three lines when I had my shop. I left SO much money on the table it hurts.

Just curious if this thread has anyone looking to make any changes to how they are currently doing things.

Me for sure!

Archived