Car wrap buisness start up?..

Guest mobiletintandaudio

Guest mobiletintandaudio

I just have a few questions To all the experienced car wrappers out there. I know the average car is around 1600-2300 to wrap and SUVs are $2700-3500 in my area. I am considering diving head first into the car wrap business. We do a ton of tint and audio but would like to learn how to wrap cars and purchase all the equipment. First question is how much is the cost on the material per car or suv. I understand the equipment it expensive so I'm trying to see how long it l take to make back the $35,000-45,000 investment and if it will be worth while. I was going to go through Fellers and buy the bronze package that comes with everything I need it says, for those that know that package, is that a good deal or should I consider another company or brand?.And my last question is where is the best known Training program available that's not too expensive ?

give signwarehouse.com a holler, we got our setup from them at a great deal, and they even offer to send you to training with some of their packages. We have been wrapping for about 6 years now, we have made most of our money back on the printer by just having the ablitiy to go full color on a majority of our fleet lettering. We do about 20-30 full wraps a year, but close to 200 partial fleet lettering jobs, the set up has paid for itself for sure, but it is a large lease payment so be prepared to have some lean months in the winter and such, def a good addition to most sign shops, not sure about adding it to a tint/audio set up however.

My suggestion start at signs101.com!!! You should seriously think about this investment IMO. You need a strong graphic designer to put out good looking work. It starts at the designer! The install isn't the hard part. I almost did the exact same move, but thankfully the peeps on signs101 opened my eyes. I met a few cool people from there that are giving me great wholesale pricing without having to spend $30k+ on equipment.

Guest Sidewinder

I would not buy or lease the equipment. Get training on the application. Still interested, work with a company to print your design (assuming you have design ability) or align yourself with a designer. Most large format printers sold are way underutilized.

the fail rate is high as well, but as an existing shop, you should be able to pull from existing customers to have the printer running everyday. And a 48in printer is acceptable for most truck & car applications. We seam certain jobs and small seams is an acceptable industry standard. And a decent designer will be easy to find, you can contact local marketing companies to handle designs for you or your local college will have lots of talented people to pull from.

I tried it by subbing out the printing . I couldnt make enough money for the time I put into it . You need to be good in graphic designing . Any one can do a wrap but you need a good design . I would suggest subbing out the printing to start . You can get it as low as $5sqft from people on signs101 . Its not really a side business it a fulltime business and very competitive . You dont want to be stuck with a lease payment of $500 a month for 4 yrs .

Archived