Losing sales

As stated before, a lot of people calling are just shopping around and not necessarily ready to have their vehicle tinted right away. I think the problem is you need to do more advertising to get more people calling and coming in...10-15 calls a week is very low. Obviously call/customer volume can vary based on the area, but we receive 10-15 calls every 2 hours about tint. We have only been doing tint since January. A lot of shops around me simply sit back and wait for customers to come in and maybe do 5 cars a week when we do 30+. The tint industry is all about reputation, reviews and word of mouth, but when you are newer to the game and don't have that reputation, you need to give potential customers a reason to choose you. So you just need to get out there more and make sure people know who you.

We've only been open since August and our internet advertising is starting to get ranked near the top. There is quite a bit of competition that have great reputations. Thanks for the insight.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I start by pricing my mid grade film first. Then inform them that I have a cheaper film that is still a good film. It just doesn't block as much heat as the mid grade, and if the custy likes my mid grade price. I give them the option of upgrading to a higher end film with max heat rejection. Not very many go for the upgrade. I sell 9 out of 10 cars my mid grade line. Seems to work for me.

Do you use the same film for your mid grade and cheaper grade and just offer a different warranty?

As stated before, a lot of people calling are just shopping around and not necessarily ready to have their vehicle tinted right away. I think the problem is you need to do more advertising to get more people calling and coming in...10-15 calls a week is very low. Obviously call/customer volume can vary based on the area, but we receive 10-15 calls every 2 hours about tint. We have only been doing tint since January. A lot of shops around me simply sit back and wait for customers to come in and maybe do 5 cars a week when we do 30+. The tint industry is all about reputation, reviews and word of mouth, but when you are newer to the game and don't have that reputation, you need to give potential customers a reason to choose you. So you just need to get out there more and make sure people know who you.

What type of advertising to you do?

Guest VaTinterPMan

When I first started, I ran a small add in our local Paper and local radio too...Than the free Advertisement I got when I was younger through Myspace was a bonus....And I still get it free through facebook. Even though I only have 250 friends When someone post about the job I did or how there car looks now all there friends see it and they could have 1,000 friends and than all those friends and so on...I have pretty much just became word of mouth for the most part...I do small adds during the slow winter months but thats about it...

How you answer the calls is paramount. I always answer with (company name/ my name) with a very professional, warm and inviting tone. Seldom do I answer his/her questions with a one word answer....but I keep it short.....and to end the call, I take them through a very short and sweet educational course about my film and why me. I may not land them all with my pricing, which is slightly above the rest, but I do get my fair share of calls to actually walk in because of my professionalism.......and the referrals that follow. :D

Free advertisement is key. You can easily go broke paying for advertising so first you need to utilize all free types to the max and then slowly bring in paid advertising. Craigslist, Forums, Facebook are all huge advertising markets. Craigslist is simple, free and get your info out a lot of people. If you have any local car forums, you can jump on that...I doubt any other tint shops are on there. Forum members love supporting the local forum vendors versus an "outsider". Lastly Facebook, most of your potential customers have an account. Make sure you open a business page...not a personal page. When you have a business page, you can run ads targeted to your area and to people interested in fields related to automotive. You control the budget and can turn them off/on when you want. You can promote photos, sales, etc. To me, these are foundation for getting your name out there. Once these is set, you can hit other local forms of advertising and paid advertising.

I am also in GA have been in the game for a while. I am looking for a partner to rent out a shop in riverdale. The reason I want this shop is b/c the rent is good for how huge the shop is and the tint shop that was there before was there since 1985 so they get a lot of walk ins. Ill take care of all the tint stuff if you'll take care of all audio. Rent is cheap Big store front big office in back then a bay where you could easily fit in 5 cars.. let me know I may just open it myself if I can't find anyone trustworthy

Archived