Weird lines on roll up

So I tinted a 2013 Impreza about a week ago. Guy shows up today and the rear roll ups have a vertical line on them, with a whole bunch of smaller vertical lines that all look distorted. The whole window actually looked pretty distorted, but you could actually feel the indent of the line so it doesn't seem like something will dry out. It's on both rear roll-ups in the exact same spot. I popped the panel and didn't see any rollers or anything that would have pressed on the tint because I originally thought he just put it down too early. I use a 40 inch roll that I split in half and double cut to do roll-ups so it's possible there was a mark on the roll that would have showed up on both windows. Anyone had this problem? Think I got a bad section of tint? Think he put it down too early and I'm missing something? I don't want to re-tint it and have the same problem. Thanks.

So I tinted a 2013 Impreza about a week ago. Guy shows up today and the rear roll ups have a vertical line on them, with a whole bunch of smaller vertical lines that all look distorted. The whole window actually looked pretty distorted, but you could actually feel the indent of the line so it doesn't seem like something will dry out. It's on both rear roll-ups in the exact same spot. I popped the panel and didn't see any rollers or anything that would have pressed on the tint because I originally thought he just put it down too early. I use a 40 inch roll that I split in half and double cut to do roll-ups so it's possible there was a mark on the roll that would have showed up on both windows. Anyone had this problem? Think I got a bad section of tint? Think he put it down too early and I'm missing something? I don't want to re-tint it and have the same problem. Thanks.

Sounds like roll lines in the film.

Guest VaTinterPMan

I'm just guessing but maybe he has kids and they were holding a toy against the window while it was going up and down, or he was moving stuff like boxes ext or had golf clubs in his back seat, something that was against the window when the windows went up and down.....just my opinion though...Ask him what he has had in his car lately..

Adhesive distortion from the roll. Almost guaranteed... What film and how do you store it?

Yes, that's what it seems like. Now that I think about it, there's a good possibility it was the last few feet of that roll. It's Suntek Carbon, and I store it in the boxes they come in stacked on a table. It was probably a week or two old from when I bought it. It was weird because the rest of the car was fine, and it all came off the same roll. But I also tinted the rear roll-ups last, so I'm thinking it was the end of a roll....

Archived