New style film handler

I have developed a new way to tint large residential and commercial windows with 1 man. Necessity is the mother of invention.

After 2 decades working at a glass and tinting shop I am going out alone. Thankfully my boss was tight and would not buy a real film handler. Needing a way to tint large windows I developed and have been testing the device for 8 months. It does work well.

I have done windows as large as 60 x 84 alone. It works really well for arches above doors. And hold the film in place for me.

Is there any interest in this concept? Would it be wise to take it to another level to help others lower cost by eliminating the second man?

Thanks for your reply

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know til I see it. But a 60" x 84" piece of film is not tough to install. I do that on a daily basis by myself while up at the top of the ladder. Most of the time they're trapezoids at that. I don't see how a contraption could make it any easier. But than again I haven't seen your contraption.

Let's just say this, if it doesn't install the film for me, I'd be unlikely to buy one. Other than that I really can't give you much more of an opinion til I see what it is exactly you are talking about.

The device is designed to handle 72 x 144 or longer. I have not yet tested a piece that large so I can not comment on that.

I am not looking to get rich. Just tossing around what to do next. A cheap DIY ebook has come to mind. It cost less than 80 bucks for me to make. And is not difficult. Very simple and affective.

I am just getting a feel for what other tinters think.

Archived