How the edges should be finished

This is the question I have. I just finished my van and it actually came out really good. On the windows where I used perf material, ...the perf does not want to conform and bend around the edge of the glass. Do you normally cut the perf to the edge of glass instead of wrapping it around? And the second ? Is on on the drivers sliding door, is a window that was covered in wrap material. I did not cut around the edge of the window. I just went over the entire window/slider. This leaves a gap where material does not contact anything. Should I leave it as is or cut it and tuck it in?

The area that you went from glass to body will eventually crack. But if you do cut it cut even with the glass so you have the extra film to wrap into the gap.

On the perf. I cut right to the edge or even back a tiny but from the edge. If you do want to wrap it use a adhesive promoter.

make sure to seal the edges with a seal pen otherwise they will start to lift, it happened to me before.

The edges of the glass ( perf ) ? All the edges everywhere else are wrapped around into the jams. Do these need to be sealed as well? I imagine the van will only be in service another 2 years, how long does it take before you normally see deteoration of wrap media?

if you care for your wrap and it is laminated you should get 3+ years. If you seal it properly as well. Where wraps fail is not postheated, vehicle isn't prepped correctly, and not primered and sealed. If it was laminated, there isn't much they can't handle just from day to day use. I tear the crap out of mine to test it and if it is installed correctly, you are golden.

Archived